(Closed) Principal Game Designer - Candy Crush Soda
Multiple Locations: Barcelona, Stockholm
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, collaboration- orientated, Principal Game Designer to join an incredibly diverse team, working on one of the biggest and most successful mobile games in the world. As a Principal Game Designer, you will have responsibility and accountability for the design, implementation, user testing and delivery of the systems and design architecture of the game.
Your role within the Kingdom
- You are an expert in multiple areas of game design and in applying UX principles to game design. You can act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Working with the Product Lead to come up with an ambitious product vision for the game.
- Working with the game development team to translate that vision into highly engaging and highly performing features.
- Proactively identifying and addressing problems and opportunities in the design of the game.
- Maintaining the highest possible levels of design quality, while respecting technical limitations and performance targets.
- Documenting, communicating, and gathering internal feedback on the game features and systems throughout the development process.
- Creating task breakdowns to assist with scheduling.
- Tracking and reporting key risks to your producer.
- Working in a humble and open manner, with a willingness to both teach and learn from your colleagues.
- Staying up to date with industry techniques, standards and workflows, with awareness of current & upcoming game titles & technology.
- Staying up to date on the mobile market, playtesting and analysing mobile games, and sharing insights with the team.
Skills to create thrills
- Strong, proven, game design experience in the free- to- play industry
- Strong analytical and system design skills
- Strong knowledge and experience of working with UX design
- Articulate with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation and documentation skills
- Confidence and experience to self- manage and self- motivate
- Experience leading and mentoring game and design teams
- Deep understanding of free- to- play economies and meta games
- Experience concepting and creating a game and/or features from first ideas
Candidates must have extensive experience creating videogames. Working in mobile games (or other platforms with limited hardware capabilities such as VR or handhelds) provides a unique environment in which high ambitions meet tight constraints. We are looking for a game maker who is not only comfortable with technical constraints, but also loves the challenge of overcoming those constraints.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.