Lead UI Designer
Do you want to turn Science into Magic? King is searching for a Principal Interaction Designer for our studio “The Lab”, the organisation responsible for experimentation and innovation. This is an opportunity to work with a highly talented group and have impact in games that have been leading casual gaming for years. You’ll crush it in a team where you will experiment, go beyond boundaries and, above all, make things happen.
We're looking for a passionate expert in interaction and visual design keen to help determine problem spaces, lead design solutions rooted in player data (quantitative and qualitative) and find the best option to deliver an amazing player experience for millions of players.
What will I be doing?
- Develop innovative UI systems designs, screen layouts, navigation systems, interaction models, persona- based user flows, high fidelity wireframes and interactive prototypes for mobile games.
- Work closely with a cross- functional game team (UX research, game design, data scientists, developers…) to turn player insights into design solutions balancing customer needs, business constraints, and technological realities.
- Translate research data into user flows, wireframes, mockups , and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Lead and facilitate design and UX/UI critiques and other design meetings to keep leveling up the work we do.
- Follow and support the improvement of a thorough user- centered design process which strives to be Lean and Agile to enable the delivery of our projects.
- Inspire and mentor a team of UX and UI Designers to help them grow in their career path.
What skills do I need?
- Extensive of experience as a professional designer
- A degree in a relevant subject and/or clear career progression towards UI/UX design.
- Strong expertise in visualizing and prototyping i ntended approaches at different levels of fidelity, across conceptual wireframes, interactive prototypes, sketches, design specifications, etc.
- Strong knowledge of interaction design, visual design, and human- computer interaction .
- Applied expertise in UX methodologies, design best practices and innovative methodologies across all phases of the product development process: discovery, research, design, build, iteration and analysis.
- Experience advocating for UX as a discipline at every stage of product development through empirical evidence gathering.
- Deep knowledge of
- Cognitive science and human behavior
- Product strategy principles and practices
- Design thinking
What We Value
- Deep knowledge about video games, especially mobile games.
- Experience in UX design for games , particularly mobile and free- to- play.
- Proactivity . Bring energy and make things happen, look actively for opportunities to improve the game and our ways of working towards a UCD approach. Ability to get up to speed with new material and tools quickly
- Respectful team player. Enthusiastic. Joyful and determined. Problem- solver. Challenge- lover. Knowledge sponge.
- Open- minded . Explore different points of view and different possibilities without being hindered by your own biases and preconceptions. Value actions and results, not just ideas.
- Transparent . Fearlessly share your work and your thoughts at any stage of development.
- Great communicator . Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the company.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.