Audio Software Engineer
Technology & Development
We're looking for an experienced Audio Software Engineer to deliver the audio for our world leading mobile games.
You will be responsible for the implementation of audio content as well as the development of audio tools and technologies for current and next generation of gaming.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will work closely with the Sound Designers but also with the Game Designers and Devs across different teams and games to implement the foundation layer to support our in house game audio engine and all aspects of audio to ensure the best in both sound quality and interactivity.
Vision & Strategy
- Supporting the audio director with establishing and developing a shared audio vision for the games.
- Help build, drive and develop the audio strategy across games working closely with our games teams and their Producers, UX and Game Designers.
- You will also bring your passion of your craft to the role with R&D and development of new tools, constantly pushing to innovate
Project & Team
- Completing and validating estimates for the work to be done based on the Design Specification, Tools and Production Methods.
- Managing relationships with the audio team, game designers and Devs to produce work to the highest standard.
- Liaising with stakeholders to solve issues and communicate needs with strong project planning.
- Planning and prioritization of work to best meet the needs of the games.
- Continuous monitoring of pipelines improvements, methods and the appropriate use of skills within the team to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the audio production.
- Advising on the 'make or buy' production decisions for Audio tools.
- Supporting the information flow between the internal team and appropriate external partners, the briefing of those partners, and effective delivery and integration of the work done outside of the internal team.
- Supporting the game teams, production integration Team, and the Presentation Team with resource requests where practical.
- Unit testing and documentation
Skills to Create Thrills
- Solid experience in audio software engineering for AAA or mobile games.
- Experience in in audio software engineering with a minimum of 2/3 games released (depending on production cycle).
- Experience road mapping the whole pipeline of a game
- Skilled in implementing game hooks and the appropriate interface with sound engine
- Knowledgeable optimizing audio performance
- Analyse the performance of the audio systems and optimize.
- Passionate about game audio and drive to learn
- Show a proactive and collaborative approach
- Proficient time management and organisational skills, able to handle multiple tasks and meet set deadlines and priorities.
- Experience with IOS, OSX, Win 32, Universal Windows, Emscripten, Linux, Android, 32 / 64 bit.
- Strong C++ and C# programming skills is a mandatory
- Deep understanding of at least one of the common audio middleware API (WWise, Fmod, ADX or Fabric)
- High Proficiency with Unity audio design and implementation
- Good knowledge of audio digital signal processing (DSP)
- Good knowledge of Python
- Good knowledge of mathematics, software development practices, optimisation strategies and debugging techniques.
- Good knowledge of developing for multi- threaded systems.
- Good knowledge of audio fundamentals (filtering, reverb, compression schemes etc)
- Good knowledge of sound engineering and acoustics
- Knowledge of mobile game audio paradigms
- Understanding of standard audio creation software - Pro Tools.
- Good knowledge of the production process of a game
- Results focus
- Excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Sound design and sound editing skills would be a plus.
- Passion for game
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the company.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It's what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we're not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.