**Please note, all Keywords staff are temporarily working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic until health restrictions allow us to return to office**
Duration: Full time, Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm
Being a Quality Engineer is more than just coding – it's about supporting and growing with your peers. As an essential and unique part of the team, you will create and deploy technical testing and test automation where yesterday's best practices are not necessarily tomorrow's solutions. You will debug problems, breathe new life into technical dead-ends, and work with the QA team to ensure our features run smoothly and work effectively.
You will work with a central team that focuses on providing tooling for our many game teams. These tools include code line stability testing tools, tools that work with systems for large-scale play tests, tool and code distribution, and tooling to discover undetected defects. These are used by thousands of developers and creators daily, so quality is extremely important for our continued success.
- Build tools and automation to empower the development team.
- Foster working relationships with our internal partners and team members.
- Proactively ensure their evolving needs are met.
- Interpret requests from your team, accounting for and call out any roadblocks or efficiencies your partners may not consider and propose and apply your creative or technical solutions.
- Write automated tests to cover our test scenarios.
- Support multiple systems and in-house tools written for many different purposes.
- Manage tasks with competing demands.
- 2+ years of applied coding experience.
- Proficient in C# and WPF.
- Experience managing project requirements and setting the standard for outstanding testing.
- Familiarity with any source control, debuggers, and other software development tools. (e.g. Perforce, Visual Studio)
- Experience testing configurable tooling.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of build systems, continuous integration, unit tests, automated functional tests, and testing frameworks.
- Any testing and QA experience.
- Experience with SQL, Python, or C++.
- Experience in the gaming industry.
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, and vision.
- WFH options during the pandemic
- Dog friendly environment (That's right, you can bring your dog to work!)
- Indoor basketball court, outdoor basketball court, soccer field, volleyball court
- Community garden
- 2 dog parks
- Easy transit access
- Free on-site parking for staff and visitors