The successful candidate will join a team of 300+ highly dedicated professionals providing world class language services and testing to the video games industry internationally. Based at our HQ in Dublin, this position is to be part of a team focusing on localizing world-renowned video games and assure a high quality standard.
- Review translations in Polish to assure consistency and quality.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of glossaries, terminology and style guidelines.
- Ensure that the text is consistent and only correct approved terminology is used.
- Give feedback and collaborate effectively with Polish vendors (freelance translators, recording studios, etc.).
- Provide detailed language quality reports on text reviewed.
- Translate content from English into Polish with high quality standards.
- Work closely with Polish in-house members to ensure translations meet the standards.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with all members of the team to improve processes and achieve common goals.
- Efficient workload management to ensure timely task deliveries.
- Support and assist the Polish LQA tester and the Polish pod members when required.
- Native level Polish
- Experience as either freelance or in-house translator/reviewer from English to Polish is a must.
- Educational qualification in linguistics. Degree level desirable.
- A gamer Passion for the video game industry. Solid experience playing text-heavy genres (RPGs, MOBAs, RTS, TCG. Visual Novels).
- Strong interest in fantasy literature and media, science fiction and pop culture.
- Knowledge of HTML an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in Polish and English.
- Must be self-motivated and able to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced gaming environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Used to working with different cultures.
- Working knowledge of CAT tools.
- Direct work experience in a Localization QA capacity, desirable.