QA Automation Engineer
We are currently looking for a QA Automation Engineer with experience in the games industry. This role requires a high level of ownership over QA processes and working closely with the development teams to provide and continually improve quality assurance activities. Your primary focus will be creating efficient automated testing infrastructure that your teams can rely on to continually raise the bar on our game quality and improve our player's experiences. The role will be directly integrated and working side-by-side with the development teams on a daily basis.
- Develop and execute test plans to ensure our mobile games are fully tested for functional and visual defects
- Develop automated tests and supporting infrastructure
- Work closely with development teams to find and address regression issues quickly
- Perform functional testing during each release cycle to validate new features
- Track and prioritize issues using a bug database
- Work closely with our player support teams to investigate reported issues
- Create, monitor and report on game quality metrics
- 3+ years of QA functionality testing experience in the game industry. Mobile experience is a plus.
- 1+ years experience with test automation
- Experience with high-level programming languages such as C#
- Experience with scripting automated tests using C# or Unity tools. Other mobile tools such as Appium/Selenium or Puppeteer a plus.
- Demonstrable ability to create test plans and strategies for complex features and systems
- Familiarity with automated build and CI systems
- Experience working with issue trackers such as JIRA
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Experience with Agile software development
Bootstrapped in 2008, we have been a profitable and growing game studio for over a decade. With hits like Free Rider HD and Mob Wars LCN (Top 100 grossing app on Facebook), and our recently announced FUBAR: Just Give'r, we hope to contribute to the world by connecting people through play.
Locally owned and headquartered in downtown Victoria, BC, we believe in giving small teams of talented people challenging problems and getting out of their way. That’s why we look for the best and brightest to join our team; people who have talent, vision, and commitment.
Check out this article If you'd like to get some insight into our hiring process, our employee manual to understand how and why we do things the way we do, and this fun little video for an intro to the team!
- 2020 Great Place to Work - Best Workplaces in Canada - Less than 100 Employees
- 2019 Great Place to Work - British Columbia
- 2019 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Finalist
- 2018 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 Employees) - Winner
- 2018 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Finalist
- 2017 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 employees) - Finalist
- 2014 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Winner
- A results-driven company with a compassionate culture
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Uncapped profit share program
- Opportunity to work on game projects that are enjoyed by millions of players worldwide!
- Ability to make a difference. Have an idea? Talk directly with leadership about it instead of running through layers of bureaucracy
*Kano is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law*