Intermediate Developer - Unity
Kano is looking for an intermediate game developer to help drive development on Fubar: Just Give'r .
Our goal at Kano is to build long-lasting player-centric gaming experiences.
We’re a small team where the code you write gets deployed fast. You’ll be responsible for development, testing, and code quality.
If you’re a developer and the idea of working collaboratively across creative, marketing, production, and live-ops teams sounds exciting, then we want to hear from you!
We offer flexible hours, an honest and able group of peers, the opportunity to take charge of the work that you do, and the chance to work in beautiful Victoria, BC (this position is open to remote work).
Your background should include:
- 2+ years development with high-level languages (eg. C#, PHP, Java, JS, etc)
- 2+ years experience in Unity
- Game development experience (with one game released with live ops)
- Strong understanding of OO and modern software design principles
- A strong desire to build something that people really want
It'd be a big plus if you have:
- You have created applications serving thousands of people at a time
- Experience shipping social or mobile applications (iOS, Android, Facebook, etc),
- Experience with game optimization techniques
- Database experience
- Experience with AWS
- Working knowledge or experience with Unix/Linux
- Continuous integration and automated testing experience
Bootstrapped in 2008, we have been a profitable and growing game studio for over a decade. With hits like Free Rider HD and Mob Wars LCN (Top 100 grossing app on Facebook), and our growing idle games library including FUBAR: Just Give'r , we hope to contribute to the world by connecting people through play.
Locally owned and headquartered in downtown Victoria, BC, we believe in giving small teams of talented people challenging problems and getting out of their way. That’s why we look for the best and brightest to join our team; people who have talent, vision, and commitment.
- 2020 Great Place to Work - Best Workplaces in Canada - Less than 100 Employees
- 2019 Great Place to Work - British Columbia
- 2019 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Finalist
- 2018 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 Employees) - Winner
- 2018 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Finalist
- 2017 VIATEC Company of the Year (11-49 employees) - Finalist
- 2014 VIATEC Employer of the Year - Winner
- A results-driven company with a compassionate culture
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Uncapped profit share program
- Opportunity to work on game projects that are enjoyed by millions of players worldwide!
- Ability to make a difference. Have an idea? Talk directly with leadership about it instead of running through layers of bureaucracy
*Kano is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law*