Kalypso Media Japan KK in Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, is the new publishing subsidiary of Kalypso Media Group, a privately owned, global, independent developer, marketer, publisher of interactive entertainment software with more than 130 employees worldwide, operating from eight offices across the United States, Germany (Headquarter), the United Kingdom and now Japan.
To support the global PR & marketing team, we are looking for a (Senior) PR Manager Japan (m/w/d), working from the new office in Shibuya-ku, Tokyo. The PR Manager gives support and is reporting to the headquarter and the Representative Director and will work closely with the PR & marketing teams in Europe and North America.
Roles and Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Plan and execute all activities across all media in Japan, including online and video- and micro-blogging-influencers in conjunction with HQ
- Manage relationships with domestic key media outlets to secure best possible coverage from initial announcements to post-review analysis and coverage reports
- Work closely with HQ teams to prepare code demonstrations of products at all stages
- Work with HQ to localize, adjust and distribute press releases to relevant domestic media outlets for maximum coverage
- Take a leading role in planning and attending press, trade and consumer events in Japan and Asia (TGS, etc)
- Act as a central ‘hub’ for Japanese partners, help to coordinate asset and information flow and work alongside sales teams to create impactful campaigns
- Manage local PR relationships with Sony and Nintendo to maximize exposure
Skills and Experience:
- Good experience (>3 years) in a games industry PR role (internal or Agency)
- Strong media relations experience with Japanese gaming media and influencers
- Fluent both Japanese (native level) and English skill
- Degree-level qualification in journalism, communications or similar
- Demonstrated ability to create results-driven communication campaigns
- Motivated self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience implementing local press events like Tokyo Game Show and media tours
- Strong game presentation skills and excellent gaming knowledge
- Able to work as part of a small, dynamic team and handle multiple projects in parallel
- Flexibility to travel both domestically and internationally
We are offering benefits such as commuting fees, yearly pay-rise or performance bonus.
Are you interested in this job opportunity?
Please send your CV and application via e-mail
Attn: Kalypso Media Japan KK