Senior Technical Artist
You possess a combination of technical ability with an eye towards high visual fidelity. You can clearly articulate the capabilities and limitations of the technology to the Creative team while promoting the needs of artists and finding solutions to technical issues. You are recognized as a bridges between artists and engineers.
Sound like a match? Kabam is looking for a Senior Technical Artist to join our growing studio in Vancouver! We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You will contribute by:
- Working closely with artists, project managers, engineers and the rest of the Technical Art team to create and improve art production workflows, tools, pipelines, and asset optimization/integration
- Developing pipelines and tools for the team
- Contributing to rendering and shading techniques and processesResearching and prototyping cutting-edge tools and rendering techniques
- Finding creative solutions to realize artistic visions within the technical limits
Your background includes:
- 5+ years development experience in Unity
- Solid game industry experience, specifically in a technical artist role
- Comfortable with troubleshooting artist technical problemsProficiency in Maya and/or Motionbuilder and creating tools in these programs
- Knowledge of art optimization techniques
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in Unity Scripting (C#)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.