As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent for our talent team in Toronto. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Unlimited Vacation
- Employer Paid Benefits
- Parental leave and Kin care
- RRSP Matching
- Company Events such as movie night, trivia, game shows & more…
- Fitness Allowance, Training Allowance, Phone Allowance & More!
Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Jam City is searching for a talented UI Artist to join our Toronto-based Art Team! You must be capable of adapting your style to each project -- creating features for our existing games or designing completely new ones! The ideal candidate will have a desire to create UI work that is highly functional, easy to use, and beautiful to look for multi-million dollar entertainment IPs!
In order to be considered, you MUST provide us with either a link to an online portfolio or website showcasing recent & relevant work.
- Collaborate with the Art Director and UX department, Game Designers, and Product Managers to create creative yet simple solutions to complex design needs such as functionality, visual language, and features of a user interface.
- Mockup and create prototypes for features according to design specifications.
- Create polished UI assets for both new and live games.
- Illustrate icons and work with Game Artists to maintain a cohesive style between Art and UI.
- Communicate with the Development team to execute the final implementation of your UI elements.
- Keep learning! You will work alongside peers that you’ll respect, admire and learn from.
- 3+ years of game industry experience preferred.
- Experience working in Adobe Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and Animate.
- Ability to make excellent font choices and design appealing text styles for any genre of game.
- Understands game navigation and common mobile UI patterns.
- Ability to create strong illustrative designs (including icons and UI backgrounds) matching art styles to ensure a seamless aesthetic experience.
- Portfolio must illustrate experience in creating UI art for use in games.
- Ability to follow and create a thorough style guide to ensure consistent UI across your team.
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and techniques.
- Ability to create creative yet simple solutions to complex design needs.
NICE TO HAVE
- Understanding of common mobile game UX patterns.
- Experience with creating UI animations and transitions.
CHECK OUT LIFE AS A JAM CITIZEN:
- Company news and events on our LinkedIn
- Company Blog
- Employee Feedback on our Comparably page
- Find videos on our teams and games on our Youtube
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.