(Closed) Senior UX Designer
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent for our Bingo team in Toronto. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays*
- 100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan*
- Life Insurance, RRSP matching, Flexible Spending Accounts & More*
- Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
- Company Events such as movie night, pub night and more…
- You'll be equipped with a high-end laptop, monitor and mobile device
- Convenient location in downtown Toronto’s entertainment and technology district
*Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re currently looking for a passionate Senior UX Designer who loves data and has a great mind for bringing ideas to fruition via user interface research. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the top creative and analytical talent in a highly profitable mobile game development studio with an array of perks and respect for employee quality of life and personal time.
**In order to be considered, you MUST provide us with either a link to an online portfolio, website or a pdf showcasing recent work upon application, specifically samples of interaction design for mobile applications.
- You will be responsible for designing intuitive UI, creating interaction flows, and helping guide the direction of the products to user success.
- Create user interaction design systems, UX flow wireframes, and user interface designs for JCTO’s current and new projects.
- Brainstorm ideas and create prototypes to help find creative solutions to user experience challenges.
- Lead user studies and UX research to help refine and fine-tune the apps towards product goals.
- Work closely with a cross functional pod of engineers, product managers, and artists to build together using constructive and motivational teamwork skills.
- Minimum 4 years of experience preferred.
- Ability to create interaction flow wireframes based on high-level product spec.
- Strong visual design skills.
- Ability to create visual/functional prototypes to test design ideas.
- Strong communication skills.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.