Senior Game Designer
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent for our Bingo team in Toronto. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays*
- 100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan*
- Life Insurance, RRSP matching, Flexible Spending Accounts & More*
- Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
- Company Events such as movie night, pub night and more…
- You'll be equipped with a high-end laptop, monitor and mobile device
- Convenient location in downtown Toronto’s entertainment and technology district
*Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re currently looking for a passionate Senior Game Designer who loves data and has a great mind for bringing ideas from conception to fruition. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the top creative and analytical talent in a highly profitable mobile game development studio with an array of perks and respect for employee quality of life and personal time.
- Transform ideas and data from the Product Managers into detailed and well thought out designs, clearly communicated with high-quality documentation, wireframes, flows, and spreadsheets.
- Own the specification and configuration of in-game features, events and other game features as they come in from concepts.
- Leverage live game data to propose engaging and creative gameplay features that will improve user experience, engagement, and monetization.
- Work directly with engineers, artists and product managers throughout the lifecycle of owned features to ensure they are of the best for our users.
- Conduct competitive analyses to deconstruct game design trends, patterns, and consumer preferences.
- Be a team player - everyone contributes ideas and we are a collaborative, supportive, results-focused, ego-free group.
- 5+ years of experience in mobile free-to-play game design.
- Passion for games in the free to play market.
- Expert specs, wireframes, flows, and feature documentation for a live game.
- Expert configuration ability and game tuning for free-to-play games.
- Great knowledge of virtual goods and game monetization concepts.
- Good economic modeling and balance skills.
- Knowledge of the free-to-play market, and it’s past and current trends.
- Ability to work as part of a large team in sprints.
- Ability to collaborate with other members of the design team.
NICE TO HAVE
- Understanding of current trends in the mobile puzzle games.
- Previous design experience on a top 100 grossing game.
- Familiarity with scripting languages or other technical skills related to game development.
- Experience with both original and IP game development.
- Experience mentoring other designers.
- Experience with Tableau, Unity, Adobe XD, JIRA, and Google Docs/Sheet/Slides.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.