Product Management, Director
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent for our Bingo team in Toronto. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays*
- 100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan*
- Life Insurance, RRSP matching, Flexible Spending Accounts & More*
- Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
- Company Events such as movie night, pub night and more…
- You'll be equipped with a high-end laptop, monitor and mobile device
- Convenient location in downtown Toronto’s entertainment and technology district
*Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Product Management who loves data and driving product improvements. The Director of Product Management should have experience with a successful free to play mobile game and stack ranking new ideas to improve metrics. This person will work closely with and provide direction to Game Designers, Data Analysts, Producers, Engineers and Product Managers.
- Own mobile game product development, data vision and investigation opportunities.
- Analyze data visualizations and utilize best practices to ensure optimal decisions are being made in-game.
- Understand the game economy and apply knowledge to guide economic optimization to maximize retention and revenue.
- Become the authority in the psychology of games.
- Work closely with the design team and create a problem space for them to design into.
- Build a comprehensive understanding of what features and themes increase user engagement and retention.
- You love games! You have a passion for creating new game features and playing mobile games.
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager and has recently launched or worked on a chart-topping game.
- Mastery in interpreting data visualizations into features.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with an emphasis on metrics driven decision making.
- Strategic thinker who loves creating incredible user experiences.
- Can graphically create wire-frames and give interface direction to UI team.
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge of mobile technology -- its boundaries and unique potential as it applies to games.
- Engineering background.
- Game design and/or UI/UX background and experience.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.