Director, Product Management
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays*
- 100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan*
- Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*
- Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
- Onsite Gym & Wellness Activities (Yoga & Zumba)*
- Happy Hours
- Company Events
*Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Director of Product Management to run new game development and optimize existing live games. The Director of Product Manager should have experience launching or managing a successful free to play mobile game. This person will work closely with and provide direction to Game Designers, Data Analysts, Producers, and Engineers.
- Own mobile game product development, strategic vision and business ops for new or an existing game.
- Analyze data and utilize best practices to ensure optimal decisions are being made in-game.
- Understand the game economy and apply knowledge to guide live-ops optimization to maximize retention and revenue.
- Become the authority in the psychology of games.
- Work closely with the design team and create a problem space for them to design into.
- Build a comprehensive understanding of what features and themes increase user engagement.
- Coordinate and inspire engineering and design teams – and LOVE it!
- You love games! You have a passion for creating new game features and playing computer games.
- BA/BS degree – CS/EE/Engineering/Math/Statistics/Economics degree.
- 6+ years of experience as a Product Manager and has recently launched or worked on a chart-topping game.
- At least 6+ years experience in the games industry.
- Ability to pull your own data with a fluent understanding of SQL.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with an emphasis on metrics driven decision making.
- Strategic thinker who loves creating incredible user experiences.
- Can graphically create wire-frames and give interface direction to UI team.
NICE TO HAVE
- Social, online and/or iPhone/Android product management experience.
- Knowledge of mobile technology -- its boundaries and unique potential as it applies to games.
- Game design and/or UI/UX background and experience.
- Python/scala and understanding of data pipelines.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.