The game data analyst works with product managers inside the studio team to analyze player behavior and overall performance in our portfolio of Disney games. You will collaborate with data scientists and analysts across the company to support live operations that continuously improve engagement and monetization. We are looking for a creative analytical mind that combines quantitative rigor with and deep understanding of what makes mobile games great.
- Responsible for transforming raw data into digestible reports and actionable insights
- Work closely with product management team to monitor product health, prioritize features, measure event performance, and optimize merchandising
- Setup and maintain live dashboards (i.e. Tableau) and write SQL queries to support rapid decision making
- Validate data sets and BI calls in live games to ensure accuracy of event logging and reporting
- Conduct deeper inquiries into player behavior by coordinating with central data science team
- Provide ad hoc analysis and insights to help interpret player reception of new features or events
- Help design controlled experiments to test hypotheses about new features
- Present reports on KPIs, event engagement, merchandising tactics, game economy, and more
- Build models to run sensitivities and forecast outcomes
- Develop reporting strategies for games in development to ensure event schema and data architecture are set up for efficient, comprehensive analysis
- Think creatively about how to use data to answer question or confirm/reject hypotheses
- Passion for mobile games, especially puzzle, RPG, and/or character collecting games
- B.A. or B.S. a quantitative field (Math/Statistics, CS, Engineering, Business, Economics, experimental science, or similar), graduate degree a plus
- 3+ years experience in an analyst role at a mobile gaming company, or similar experience
- Ability to think strategically (big picture perspective, consider both the player experience and the business needs) combined with hands-on, execution-oriented attitude
- Experience in analytics requirements gathering, solution design and implementation; solid experience in the area of user intelligence / behavior, event tagging / tracking
- Knowledge of statistics and statistical models, such as linear / logistic regression, clustering and factor analyses
- Expert knowledge of SQL, Excel, and data visualization tools like Tableau
- Detail-oriented, leaves no stone unturned, never lets anything slip through the cracks
- Communication skills to articulate complex quantitative analyses in a way that a broad game team can understand
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Work closely with a cross-functional team, including remote team members
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.