Software Engineering Manager
To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview.
Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect.
So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
Enable our players to discover, access and engage our products through online services. Maintain and optimise live systems supporting Jagex products and websites, internal service team tools and development of new software and features. Develop and support Engineers in their work, career progression and wellbeing
- Works as part of a team to maintain and support live, highly available software and user journeys.
- Constantly look for new opportunities to improve our customer experience
- Provide on-call support for our key systems allowing our players to be able to play and play our products always
- Leads technical discussions and system design, owning small, medium, and large features from technical design through to completion
- Understands and practices agile software development and management
- Monitors and improves the software development life cycle
- Participates in staff recruitment, performance assessments, training, and career development
- Manages the allocation of resource to meet business needs. Sets timelines and milestones and involved stakeholders to deliver on time
- Partner effectively with Product Owners and Delivery Managers to manage scope and deliverables for the product roadmap
- Sets direction at the project/services level and consistently influences decision-making at the domain level
- Gives overall direction, structure, and approach for their functional responsibility
- Make others better through code reviews, thorough documentation, technical guidance, and mentoring or serving as a technical lead on a project
- Analysis and execution of new and emerging technology and process to better support the business and our customers
- Contributes to the career development of others providing frequent feedback, setting goals and works with other Leads, Managers and Directors to ensure employee growth and development
- Develops and implements projects, programmes and processes aligned with the business’s objective to increase team performance
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.