Senior Product Manager
To our wonderful friends and followers around the world, Jagex is not pausing its search for the most talented people to join its ranks. We’re a successful, robust and growing business, after all.
In light of the current situation concerning coronavirus, we have already made changes to the way we recruit, and of course are mindful of following all necessary processes to ensure the safety of our staff and anyone we might come into contact with.
Jagex has switched to working almost entirely remotely, and in line with that our recruitment and selection process has moved to an entirely remote one with video calls being the preferred method of interview.
Our hiring managers are engaged, we are well-prepared and we sincerely look forward to talking to you soon. Our team of expert recruiters will be in touch with you to talk you through the process and changes and what to expect.
So, don’t delay, get that application in today!
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 360 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
You will be responsible for ensuring the commercial success of titles being published and developed by Jagex. Working closely with both internal and external development teams, and alongside the publishing group you will be responsible for ensuring our titles are ready for launch and have the best opportunity for success and long-term growth. As owner of the product P&L for managed titles, the role is responsible for forecasting, reforecast, strategic planning for revenue and tactical and operations storefront design and management in prelaunch and launch phases (both as an individual and through managed resources).
Key Duties Include:
- Actively contribute to the management and strategic development of multiple externally developed titles to ensure commercial goals are achieved.
- To continually drive incremental growth through key KPI areas. Deploying your effort where it can have the most impact is a key focus.
- Produce monthly and ad-hoc KPI reports to the business.
- Work with stakeholders to create product strategies and content roadmap to drive retention, acquisition and win back.
- Working with the Marketing and Game Intelligence teams to improve the player lifecycle in the overall aim to reduce player churn and increase LTV.
- Create and align with existing cross departmental and development schedules.
- Working with the production team, ensure launched content is on time and in line with community wishes and expectations.
- Work with the development studio to ensure the title has everything required to allow continued successful service and growth once live.
- Work closely with external and internal teams to ensure the frictionless delivery of release schedules, marketing campaigns and communications.
- Understand current trends in the Free to play market and how they could be
- improved and applied to new titles.
- Professional experience as a product manager, game economy designer, monetization designer, or similar role in the gaming industry
- Extensive experience in mobile monetization and product management across multiple titles and business models; PC monetization experience a plus
- Excellent knowledge of the monetization of online Free-to-Play games
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative analysis methods and application of this experience to game economy design
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Passion for games and desire to create fun and engaging online experiences
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong mathematical, statistics, and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field.
- Preferred: Undergraduate Degree in appropriate field (Economics, Game Design, Statistics, Business, Computer Science, etc.)
- Preferred: Game design experience outside of monetization and economy systems
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.