(Closed) Game Engineering Internship - 2021
Jagex is looking for an ambitious individual to join our friendly and dynamic Game Engineering Teams on a Summer internship.
You will be working with different games teams across the studio, gaining valuable exposure to a variety of different technologies and ways of working. We will help you understand what the different disciplines on a development team are, what they do, and how they interact and collaborate with each other. You will have the chance to learn some of the most commonly used professional development tools and experience how development teams prioritise and schedule their work. There will be opportunity to contribute to various projects, helping you find your area of interest with mentorship from experienced Game Engineers.
This is an exciting opportunity for a student with ambition and initiative to join a fast-paced online games studio and help us to achieve our ambitious goals for 2021.
What we're looking for:
- Current University student or an aspiring Game Engineer who chose a different path.
- Cover letter. Let us know why you are interested in spending time with us here at Jagex and how you feel you will grow and develop as a result.
- Some experience using C++.
- Exposure to Unreal Engine would be desirable but is not essential.
- Prior knowledge of RuneScape would be desirable but is not essential.
- Jagex strives to be as inclusive as possible and is keen to invest in and nurture talent from diverse backgrounds, so applications from under-represented groups in the industry (BAME, female. LBTQ+ etc.) are particularly welcome.
The paid internship will run for a maximum of 3 months over the Summer 2021. The exact start date and duration of the internship can be flexible around the individual's University term dates.
FAQs for Candidates
Q: Am I eligible to apply?
A: Eligibility depends on the following things:
- You must be aged over 18
- You must be a current University student or currently unemployed.
- You must be eligible to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide visas for internships and placements and you will be required to be available during the working hours of our UK-based employees. Tier 4 visa holders can work during their summer holiday so are eligible as long as they have a valid visa.
Q: Where are the internships located?
A: All roles are remote-working, with all equipment necessary for the role to be provided by Jagex ahead of you starting.
Q: When do the internship and placement students start working?
A: We are looking to start all internships during Summer 2021.
Q: What is the duration of an internship?
A: Internships will last for 3 months during the Summer. Through mentorship and meaningful work, we will try to maximise your time within the company so you can really become an integral part of the team.
Q: How many hours a week can I expect to work?
A: You are expected to work a 39.5 hour week throughout your internship.
Q: Is this a paid position?
A: Of course! You will be valued as an employee whilst here at Jagex and that means getting paid at the end of every month.
Q: Can my internship transform into a permanent role in the future?
A: There is no guarantee of a permanent role at the end of your internship, but this is certainly an excellent opportunity to gain experience and make professional connections in this exciting, creative and global industry.
Q: I have just applied! What next?
A: We will start to process your application very soon. Keep an eye on your inbox for any emails from us. If you fit the role, we will be in contact to arrange an interview. We expect interviews to take place during March with a Summer start date for the role. If you are unsuccessful at interview stage, we will ensure you receive detailed feedback to help you improve your chances in future.