Web Full-Stack Developer
We are obsessed with crafting a unique MMO, if you’re up for the challenge, let's make it glorious together! Here are some specifics on what we're looking for...
Intrepid Studios’ Ashes of Creation team is looking for a highly motivated and talented Web Platform Full-Stack Developer to join us, here in beautiful Southern California. This role will report to the Web-Platform team and support our microservices team by developing high traffic websites & scalable backend systems in NodeJS to ensure that we continue to deliver to our community great experiences that only Intrepid can provide! This is a great opportunity to unleash your creativity and partner with talented game veterans to craft a unique MMORPG that helps bring people together.
What you will accomplish:
- Implement modern web features to support day to day operations of platform services and marketing sites
- Collaborate with designers and engineers to create maintainable and scalable web infrastructure consistent with the style and vision of the game
- Work with Platform Engineering to help drive the evolution of internal API endpoints, account services, website, tools and other platform related services.
- Efficiently self-manage to balance working independently and with other developers
- Create and document complex systems in a clear manner for others to rely on as a reference and potentially expand upon
What you bring to the team:
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience working in JS web development
- Comprehensive understanding of high traffic backend systems and NodeJS
- Solid object oriented JS experience with an understanding of Async/Await and other modern JS engineering principles.
- Experience with one or more JS Frameworks such as Angular, VueJS and React.
- Experience with version control such as Git and Perforce
- Experience utilizing MongoDB and PostgreSQL
- Experience with modern MVC patterns
- Experience with CSS compilers such as SCSS or LESS
- Familiarity with AWS and GCP
- A positive, collaborative, and self-motivated mindset that works well with other developers
- Ability to articulate (both in written and verbal methods) complex processes in a clear manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related equivalent experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Familiarity with microservices architectures and Kubernetes
- Fluent with modern, headless CMS systems
- Experience working with Golang and Python
- Experience developing ecommerce or account management systems
- Experience with AAA game development
- A Passion for making and playing MMO games
- Familiarity with Ashes of Creation
- A portfolio that demonstrates a keen eye for detail and the ability to create maintainable, high-quality code
Required Application Materials:
- Resume & Portfolio
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Relevant information about yourself that demonstrates exceptional ability and goes beyond your resume
- Why you are interested in working at Intrepid
- What games you are currently playing
What We Offer:
- Medical health benefits covered 100% for employee & dependent
- Paid vacation & Sick days
- Company Bonus’
- Company matched 401k
- Fun & creative environment
- Healthy work life balance
- Free onsite gym
Founded in 2015, Intrepid Studios is the independent developer and publisher of the upcoming and Most Anticipated MMORPG, Ashes of Creation.
Based in beautiful Southern California, Intrepid has assembled a veteran AAA team of tremendous talent and experience in the MMORPG industry. The gaming industry can be a turbulent storm of hiring cycles and layoffs. We’ve set out to do something different, to break this cycle and create an independent studio capable of withstanding the chaos of this industry.
We’ve brought on-board a team of professionals that hold a diverse set of skills, and who all share a singular goal: making fun games. The studio is designed to be an open place for collaboration and communication, a place that is conducive to team building and success. Our goal is to build a family that will laugh together, play together, succeed together, and stay together.
Intrepid Studios is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, pledged to Diversity in the Workplace. Intrepid Studios is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that while positions are currently remote due to the COVID-19 situation, they are expected to be on-site at our San Diego studio when regular office practices resume.
This position is Full-Time, Non-Exempt and based out of our San Diego Office.
We're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Intrepid Studios will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Applicants of all ages, identities, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Intrepid Studios will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.