Senior Systems Designer
Intrepid Studios is looking for a passionate and talented Senior Systems Designer, interested in creating brand new worlds with a brand new IP. Our Senior Systems Designer would live and breathe math, spreadsheets and charts. They would believe in data, logs and playtesting. They can break down a system into its component parts and build it back up blindfolded. They must work well with others, enjoy and seek out collaboration, and to receive, act on, and supply constructively critical feedback. A passion for Massively Multiplayer RPGs is required!
- Design, prototype, champion and implement one or more core gameplay systems that may include: core experience, player progression, itemization, combat or classes
- Maintain overall balance between multiple gameplay systems
- Develop and maintain documentation of owned systems
- Continually iterate, balance and tune features and gameplay based on feedback from team, QA and playtesting
- Communicate, coordinate and participate in a collaborative, interdisciplinary, cross-studio team environment
- Be adaptable, detail-oriented, well organized and a great communicator
- 5+ years of game development experience in a systems designer role.
- Shipped multiplayer titles on the current generation of consoles or PC.
- Background in an object oriented scripting or programming language.
- Passion for games and game development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to deconstruct high level gameplay systems and creative direction into specific technical details, features and tasks.
- Ability to work in highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, iterative environment, while delivering under deadlines and time constraints.
- Ability to learn new development tools and technologies.
- Unreal 4 experience is a major plus
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Intrepid
- What games you are currently playing