Senior Hard Surface Outsource Artist
Insomniac is searching for a Senior Hard Surface Outsource Artist, responsible for integrating art assets from external vendors who will create assets to be used by the art team and supplying clear and actionable feedback on the art creation process during development. This role will also streamline and document the process for creating vehicles and weapons through outsourcing resources.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities Include The Following
- Creates comprehensive briefs, best practice documentation and Outsourcing (OS) packages to send to external art vendors, with guidance from the OS Manager, and the OS Project Manager.
- Provides clear and actionable feedback and optimizations to vendors at key stages of asset creation: high/low poly, material/textures and final delivery phases.
- Helps direct vendors work on multiple asset types including but not limited to hard surface, vehicles, weapons, and materials, under guidance and direction from the OS Manager, OS Project Manager, Art Director, and Lead Artists.
- Works closely with artists to ensure block-out models and reference images are provided for all OS work with external partners.
- Creates game ready assets that align to the art style of specific game.
- Creates documentation to facilitate communication and clarity for processes.
- Has intricate knowledge of art tools and best practices for building assets for the following programs: Maya/Max, Substance Painter/Designer, Zbrush, Photoshop.
- Able to maintain consistent style under the direction of the Art Director and Lead Artists.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education And/or Experience
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree (B.A) from a four-year college or university in Computer Art, Illustration, Game Design or Product Design, or similar; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; and/or combination of education and experience.
- Expert skills in modeling, baking and UV layout in Maya, Max, or equivalent
- Strong skills in texture and material creation with Photoshop, Substance Painter, Substance Designer
- Experience with ZBrush.
- Prior experience working with external vendors is required
- Solid foundational skills, including strong understanding of mechanical design, and complex systems
- Ability to create models and shaders for a range of art directions, from photorealistic to stylized
- Capacity to meet deadlines under tight schedules
- Strong multitasking skills and the ability to self-prioritize workloads
- Willingness to receive direction and work closely with a team
If you are interested in joining our Art team, please submit your application, resume and portfolio below. We look forward to reviewing your work!