Senior Gameplay Programmer
Experience counts. Insomniac Games is looking for a Senior Gameplay Programmer, to help design and implement gameplay systems and features; and to contribute to long term development and direction of gameplay department. Please read on for more details!
Essential Duties And Responsibilities Include The Following
- Takes ownership of major gameplay features or systems, designing and implementing robust, complete, extensible, and innovative solutions to technical or creative challenges
- Takes an active role in schedule maintenance, providing time estimates and task breakdowns for high level project requirements
- Works independently and with other departments to help meet requirements for functionality, scope control, fun factor, and performance
- Provides technical input to other programmers; mentor junior programmers as appropriate
- Independently identifies areas for improvement and seek to make these changes
- Experience with debugging- diagnosing and fixing code- either their own or other programmers
- Provides mentoring/assistance to junior programmers as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned
Education And/or Experience
- Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, and a proven track record with shipped titles.
- Extensive knowledge of C/C++ programming languages.
- Adaptive coding style.
- Familiarity with component-based architecture and assembly level programming.
- Experience with integrated development environment tools (e.g. Visual Studio), source control tools (e.g. Perforce),
- High-level programming languages (e.g. Perl, LUA, Python)
- 3D art and animation tools (e.g. Maya) are a plus.
Dedication towards individual and team growth. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in and contribute to a collaborative environment. Good instincts for game design and fun and innovative gameplay. Must be flexible with schedule changes and shifting timetables. Needs to be able to work independently and efficiently. Ability to multitask several time intensive tasks at once. Ability to enhance code, features, or processes beyond assigned tasks.
If you are looking to have a lasting impact, we look forward to hearing from you. Please use the link below and apply directly to the role. Thanks!