Senior Graphic Designer / Movie Poster Artist
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare. Infinity Ward employs more than 250 people in Woodland Hills, Calif., just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
As a Senior Graphic Designer / Movie Poster Artist, you will work closely with the UI/UX Design team and Studio Art Director to establish, original, attractive and enticing billboards to drive store engagement within the Call of Duty community as well as attracting new players to the franchise.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
Generating art content for the store as well as support materials for marketing and branding that are stylish, original, and fit the agreed-upon visual direction. This role will also require leading and partnering up with another support artist to flesh out a mini team of artists.
Lending support towards our internal User Interface team.
This Design Artist should have experience in Graphic Design, Marketing, Management and must demonstrate a broad range of skills and abilities.
- Possess a strong Senior Graphic Design background and can work in a multitude of visual themes and styles.
- Professional experience creating original and bold graphics.
Knowledge & Skills
- An awareness of current design trends and an ability to match these trends, and push towards establishing new trends.
- Possesses a very strong understanding of typography.
- Experience in digital photo manipulation, clean up, and compositing elements together to create new and exciting visuals.
- Previous hands-on experience developing static design layouts as it pertains to Marketing, Branding and Advertising.
- Strong ability to speak to design feedback as well as being able to competently explain visual design decisions.
- Ability to conceptualize, present and execute ideas within a tight schedule.
- Able to actively participate in technical and artistic problem solving.
- Experience understanding and working with style guides and specific art direction.
Tools of the trade:
- Adobe Illustrator
- After Effects
- Marmoset/3D rendering tools
- Extra Points
- Experience in User Interface development.
- Animation experience/After Effects.
- 3ds Max, Maya, Marmoset or other 3D rendering tools.
- Shipped at least 1 AAA game title.
- Working with established television and film properties.
- Experience in the streaming services world.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.