Senior Core Systems Engineer
Infinity Ward is currently seeking an exceptional Senior Core Systems Engineer to join our team on a new, exciting project.
The ideal candidate will have functioned as a generalist with industry experience in core engine architecture. While the work may involve some gameplay work, the primary focus is at the systems and engine level, working with other members of the team (including Designers, Animators, Artists and other Engineers) to achieve phenomenal results.
- Design and implement cutting edge core systems that either provide new functionality or improve the efficiency of our existing code base
- Research areas of improvement; push the limits of what Call of Duty can accomplish
- Support other Engineers and content creators with their tasks
- Performance analysis and optimization work
- Ability to write stable and extensible code using C/C++
- Experience building networked multiplayer games
- Good understanding of bandwidth requirements and latency in a client-server architecture
- Strong 3D math and algebra skills
- Comfortable solving problems outside of primary area of expertise
- Knowledge of the id Tech 3 engine a plus
- Understanding of compression, encryption and security a plus