Director of Tools
Infinity Ward is currently seeking a Director of Tools Engineering who will be responsible for establishing the technical vision and strategy technology used to create our future games.
The ideal candidate should have tools leadership experience in games, film, or a similar field – any that mixes the technical and creative. We are looking for someone passionate about working with both engineers and content creators.
The tools team at Infinity Ward is responsible for our proprietary game editing suite, our data build pipeline, and our automation systems. You will set the technical direction for the team and work with them to meet those goals. You will work closely with the studio’s other engineering teams and with content teams to create the next installment of the best and biggest first-person shooter.
This is an opportunity to join a game development team at the top of the industry and work with the best gaming talent in the world.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Own and manage our game editing suite, build pipeline, and automated testing systems
- Set technical direction and long-term planning to ensure our technology is best-in-class
- Communicate with users and keep up to date on their needs and struggles
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the project and its changing needs
- Evangelize the team’s plans and progress
- Mentor the team on both technology and communication
- Coordinate on both schedule and technology with other Activision studios
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Experience leading a tools engineering team in games, film, or a similar field
- The ability to do long-term planning while remaining agile to the studio’s changing needs
- Experience designing and creating content editors
- Experience optimizing and extending a content build pipeline
- Experience creating and maintaining a continuous integration and testing system
- Some familiarity with digital content creation tools (Maya, Houdini, etc.)
- Interest in usability and user interface design
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for games
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.