Engine and Tools Engineer
IMVU is expanding its immersive 3d social gaming platform and team and is seeking an intermediate to senior level tool and engine engineer for an exciting upcoming project that will impact millions of users worldwide.
- Passionate about building high end professional tools
- Excited to design and implement for performance and scalability
- Love working in a collaborative environment
- Up for a challenge of working in a cross platform environment
Then will you join our team and you can...
- Help design and develop world class tools for content creators
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to build tools and workflows
- Build tools to follow specification from product design and art requirement
- Communicate with stakeholders, evaluate needs, identify goals, and implement high quality software that facilitate the creative production process\
- Take ownership of tools full lifecycle from design, to review and implementation
- Work in 3D engine C++ environment, as well as scripting, and 3rd party packages
- Improve performances of tools and even - in engine implementation
What you will need...
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Three or more years of C++ experience
- Experience using Python, Lua, or other scripting language
- Two or more years of professional experience as an engineer in media-pipeline tools development (for example: game tools, DCC tools, movie tools)
- Three or more years of experience working with source control tools like git
- Working knowledge of 3D geometry and linear algebra
- Past experience in tools development in the game industry
IMVU is a global 3D avatar-based social community of users who come together to play, interact, and make friends. Far beyond traditional social media, IMVU users customize an avatar representing themselves to express and interact with other avatars creating a greater sense of social presence – the feeling of being with someone else as if you’re physically there.
Today, over 7 million IMVU users every month enjoy the freedom to live the life they create through highly-stylized avatars, interacting with friends in immersive chat rooms, shopping for new looks, and sharing their experiences. IMVU is an expressive and collaborative world which includes over 50,000 creators making real money using design tools to create looks and rooms to sell in the IMVU Store.
To continue our success, we are building an even better way for friends to spend time together, in 3D on mobile. The new platform will support advanced real-time play and interaction of all kinds, and a marketplace for creators (UGC) of realistic virtual goods, spaces, games and social experiences. It’s the most ambitious technical stack for a 3D virtual world ever conceived for Mobile, enabled by the latest advances in consumer mobile devices. Come help us build the future of Social.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please try out our core product before you apply. We’d like you to understand our products and have some understanding of our customers.
- Please include a cover letter. Make sure to discuss why you are interested in learning more about IMVU. Job applications without cover letters will not be considered.
IMVU is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.\n This is a remote position.