Senior Build Engineer
We're hiring a Senior Build Engineer in our Edmonton, Canada studio to help us build the next generation of Games on our SpatialOS platform - working closely with our newly-formed Improbable Games Studio in the UK.
As a foundational part of our game studios, you will have an opportunity to define the next generation of deeply interactive online experiences. Our Engineering team helps us create games that allow for new depths of simulation, destruction, and physical interaction at an unprecedented scale. Our technology allows us to experiment with genuinely new mechanics, both big and small. We're learning new skills within a massively networked environment that we believe is the future of gaming.
Areas of Impact
- You will be a key senior member of the build engineering team
- Your role is to help design and build a world class build system to help deliver key project goals
- You care about the software you create and value the quality of build processes and tools over rapid development
- You strive to collaborate with other developers to find elegant solutions, and understand how to gather requirements for the systems you create
- You are delivery focused and push to set the bar for how we implement features on the project
- As a Senior Build Engineer you will be expected to drive the development of our technology and build processes forward to improve the delivery of quality content for the game.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- You have experience as a Build Engineer working end-to-end on projects with an understanding of the entire process
- You have an excellent understanding of build engineering practices such as CI, source control, bug tracking, automated testing etc.
- You’re excellent in self-managing workloads through Jira or another tracking methodology
- You can identify issues and propose solutions that improve the software development process build pipeline
- You’re able to choose the best tool for the job and keep up with the industry in having a good awareness of modern build tools
- You have 3+ years experience in build engineering
- Ideally you have experience with Unreal Engine 4 (preferable)
- You may have experience with any popular cloud hosting provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- You’re able to create tutorials, guides or other important documentation for more junior staff members
- You’re able to mentor more junior members of the software team
- You’re skilled in one or more common scripting languages (Python, Bash, Powershell, etc).
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.