Improbable believes in a future where new, virtual worlds will augment human experience and become as meaningful, lasting and rich as the physical world. We call this the Multiversal Self and believe games are the basis of the future virtual worlds.
Developers face a variety of risks in game development – from game design to production speed to launch scale. With SpatialOS, we aim to offer the next generation game development technology that helps reduce those risks and enables innovation that is vital to the future of games.
We believe China is leading the world in gaming, and that the next generation of game worlds will be developed by the prosperous Chinese Game Development Community. We are looking for talented individuals to join our Shanghai Office, our core hub and headquarters for APAC Operations.
Your Mission and Our impact
Our vision is to help solve some of the hardest problems around in areas such as distributed systems, high-performance cloud computing, messaging and much more. We are technology neutral and believe in well-tested, robust code. Much of our platform and integrations are built in GoLang/Java with areas of C++, TypeScript and C#. We use Open Source technologies (such as CoreOS, etcd, Fleet, Docker, Prometheus, gRPC, Unreal) and give back to the community through open source contributions when we can. As a platform engineer in the Infrastructure Team at Improbable, you’ll be responsible for designing, building and running the software and systems which underpin our large-scale, real-time, distributed simulations. The Infrastructure team builds flexible services and tooling which allows Improbable to rapidly scale whilst delivering a seamless experience to our customers.
- Help to build up the software which provides mature user experience and high quality
- Design, build and run software and systems which underpin our large-scale, real-time, distributed simulations from frontend to backend
- Ensure the smooth delivery and update of production service with no user impact
- Support our customers from different time zones in a timely manner
- You will create world class, robust APIs to enable external customers / game developers to manage and analyse their games deployed on SpatialOS
- Practical experience on front end design and development
- An appreciation for clean code and API design
- User-focussed and/or product-focussed mentality
- Experience of as a member in sophisticated team to run large-scale distributed systems
- Full professional proficiency in reading and writing, conversational
- EnglishGood knowledge of internet networking and performance
- Passionate about troubleshooting, debugging, and automation Strong Linux knowledge
Experience Of The Following Would Be Advantageous
- At least two years of experience in Typescript, React and Redux
- Comfortable with one programming language (e.g. C++, Go, Java)
- Ability to pick up new software, frameworks and APIs quickly
- Experience with clustering and containerization technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker etc)
- Experience with at least one public cloud environment (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, AWS, etc.)
- Experience running high-traffic, robust APIs
- Active on open source projects (bug reports, bug fixes, own projects)
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.