Senior User Researcher
id Software is looking for an experienced, senior user researcher to join our team. The Bethesda User Research Team, located at id Software, provides user research services to all ZeniMax Media studios around the world. Our team has worked with some of the most influential and critically acclaimed titles from Arkane Studios, id Software, Machine Games, Tango Gameworks, ZeniMax Online, and several other studios in the ZeniMax family.
- Plan and execute multiple types of user research studies from start to finish with the support of a small user research team
- Work with multiple development teams and stakeholders from various disciplines
- Apply both quantitative and qualitative methods in user research studies in person and remotely, including methods such as: play tests, usability tests, contextual interviews, competitive analysis, paper prototyping, surveys, focus groups, etc.
- Understand the research need for any given project and select the appropriate methodology for the project
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Craft and deliver clearly written reports with actionable recommendations to stakeholders
- Provide and discuss research results directly with the development teams and other stakeholders
- Degree in psychology (cognitive, behavioral, experimental, social, etc.), human computer interaction, human factors, or equivalent user research experience
- 5+ years of experience conducting user research (usability, interviews, surveys, contextual inquiry, etc.) or other research for video games or related media
- Prior experience with statistical analysis and in-game telemetry, or collaborating with BI teams
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written)
- Broad knowledge of gaming genres including Shooters, Action, Horror, Stealth, RPG, MMO
- Good organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Experience with conducting user research on PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch
- Familiarity with Jira, Hansoft, or other task tracking and project management software
- Qualtrics experience is a plus
- Personal interest in video games and/or video game industry
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.