Senior Rendering Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Rendering Engineer to join our team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games.
At Hypixel Studios we are looking for applicants that are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives.
As a new member of the Engine Initiative you will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining rendering systems to support ongoing development of Hytale. You will be continuously communicating with other engineers, production and design to meet expected results.
Who you are
- You have a passion for anything visual.
- You work with efficiency in mind, and provide performant solutions.
- You keep up to date on current graphics techniques, research & hardware.
- Deep understanding of industry standard tools & practices.
- You like mentoring others and supporting team growth.
Some of your role
- Help build the rendering tech stack of Hytale.
- Guide the team efforts towards multiplatform & prepare for the future.
- Work with designers & artists to help improve the existing features & prototype new ones.
- Elevate the team by challenging and discussing ideas.
- Ensure the team is pursuing high quality engineering standards.
- 5+ years of experience as a rendering engineer & shipped games.
- Experience shipping games on PC & consoles or mobile devices.
- Strong low level CPU & GPU knowledge, and multi-core programming techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of various graphics APIs and shader languages including Vulkan and OpenGL/GLSL.
- Thorough knowledge and proficient application of 3D math, rendering algorithms, and data structures.
- Demonstrated performance and memory optimization skills.
- Ability to debug, code and architect various core engine systems, on CPU & GPU.
- Mentorship mindset and excellent attitude to helping others level up their knowledge.
- Experience with Unreal and Unity
- Experience with spherical harmonics
- Experience with modern hardware ray tracing
- Experience with voxels & dynamic content
We can offer
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team.
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- A stable and secure work environment.
- The ability to work remotely.