House of How is a studio based in Bothell WA USA, with a satellite office in Boden, Sweden. Our leads team is made up of all 15+ year vets from senior and director positions at Microsoft Games and other AA and AAA studios. Though our team is still new, we worked with each other for years before leaving to set out on a new adventure together. Our revenue more than doubled every year the last 3 years running, and with recently signing a deal with Interactive Studio Management (ISM) for business representation, we’re about to really hit the gas on our growth and project scope.
We have some very interesting projects going on that we can’t quite talk about yet. Some in AAA, some in contract work, some in original IP and prototypes. We can talk about more details if it looks like it might be a good fit.
- Develop gameplay, tools, systems, and fix bugs.
- Plan and estimate work against project requirements and goals.
- Work with design and art teams to create gameplay systems that define player experience.
- Integrate effects, art, sound, and animation with a good eye for feel and timing.
- Be able to interpret game design documentation and realize the vision as a gameplay system.
- Drive multiple features and small projects simultaneously.
- Participate in code reviews, and write documentation.
- Identify areas of improvement in both code and processes.
- 3-5 Years experience in game development as a software engineer or equivalent, in collaboration with other technical and non technical disciplines.
- Strong fundamental skills in architecture, development, and debugging.
- Solid understanding of design patterns and data structures.
- Ability to offer limited mentorship to more junior developers on the team.
- Ability to offer advice and guidance on software at an architectural level.
- Proficiency in source control systems such as git or svn.
- Written and Spoken English Fluency.
- Swedish language ability.
- Experience in web libraries such as anime.js/three.js etc.
- Mobile and/or web development experience