Great games start with great people! If you’ve ever dreamt of using your talents on world-class AAA titles and contributing to some of the biggest names in video games, here is your perfect opportunity! We’re excited to find an Animator to join our growing team in Carlsbad, California.
As an Animator you’ll be expected to execute a wide variety of sequences, from first-person weapons, AI animations, to cinematic facial performances with a high degree of polish that our players have come to expect. Fear not, you’ll have a team of veterans helping you accomplish that. If you share a passion for developing ground-breaking player experiences, then this may be the position you’ve been waiting for!
- Work hand-in-hand with a team of level designers, artists and lighters to develop inspiring levels from prototype to completion.
- Authoring memorable animation including gameplay, cinematic vignettes, and environmental animation to support level goals.
- Create high-quality animation based on motion capture performances and key frame techniques to meet visual expectations of AAA title.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with the development team using strong interpersonal skills.
- Troubleshoot technical and artistic issues to ensure the best-possible presentation.
- Produce pre-visualizations and present concept ideas to the team.
- Work with engineers to develop gameplay animation system and mechanics.
- Report to the Lead Animator.
- 3+ years of professional animation experience with a focus on realistic human performances.
- Create visually stunning animation performances using both hand-key and motion capture data in a range of animation styles.
- Understanding and knowledge of character rigs, game animation pipelines, animation integration into game engines, and animation tools.
- Effectively communicate and clearly express ideas and animation decisions with both the animation team and other disciplines, while being open to feedback.
- Can quickly learn and master new tools and implementation techniques.
- Ability to take direction and critique from Lead Animator and Creative Director to ensure a consistent vision.
- Working knowledge of Maya, with proven ability in successfully creating, editing and implementing animations.
- You take pride in everything you animate and do it with a positive attitude.
Note: A portfolio submission is required for this position. Please focus this portfolio on personal contributions to your projects. Please include a shot breakdown specifying what you were directly responsible for creating.
- Knowledge of FPS games.
- Basic knowledge of camera animation.
- Experience with motion capture-based projects.
- Knowledge of MotionBuilder.
- Familiarity with animation blending systems.
High Moon Studios
Founded in 2002, High Moon Studios is an award-winning studio developing for the Call of Duty® franchise, with past development on over 15 titles including Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Bungie’s Destiny 2: Forsaken, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. We employ more than 100 people in Carlsbad, CA, a seaside city in San Diego County.
Our pride is our people and the experiences we have successfully created for our fans. High Moon's talent is comprised of gifted entertainment and technology professionals responsible for some of the most successful games ever made. We have award-winning developers, published artists and specialists recognized as among the best in their fields. Our studio has a history of using innovative techniques designed to boost productivity and product quality, which in turn enhances our studio's quality of life.
High Moon Studios is wholly owned by Activision.