Rogue Company - Technical Artist
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire a Technical Artist to join our team and work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia on Rogue Company.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Tech Artists do at Hi-Rez Studios:
- Engine side character setup, interfacing with programmers, working with designers, and supporting artists and animators to help shape the stage for characters, features, and systems.
- Export Animations from Maya/3DS Max and import them into Unreal.
- Create and maintain BluePrints, Anim Sets, Character Models, and Physics Assets in Unreal.
- Create and maintain database entries for characters/weapons and other game related assets.
- Ability to troubleshoot existing tech and support incoming tech.
- Quarterly Check Ins with their Manager, with little oversight.
- Will have experience working with multiple teams and be a point of contact for troubleshooting and implementation within the engine.
- Be well rounded in multiple areas of the pipeline to identify blockers and produce quality work within the technical constraints of the project.
- Complete project with little to no assistance.
What we are looking for:
- 3 - 6 Years of Technical Art experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education required.
- Game engine experience.
- Strong knowledge of Maya and 3DSMax.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate with multiple teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated, well organized, and able to multitask.
- Passion for games with a strong work ethic.
- Have strong technical problem solving skills that allow for quick project execution.
- Experience working in the Gaming Industry in a Technical Art role.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with the game development pipeline from start to finish.
- Scripting experience is a plus.
- Material creation experience is a plus.