Hardsuit Labs is looking for a talented and passionate Senior Animator with a deep knowledge of animation principles and body mechanics to join the team. The Senior Animator will work closely with the Lead Animator, Art Director, and other departments to help bring personality and soul to the characters of our games. The successful candidate will bring a solution-focused approach to problem-solving, be equipped with excellent communication skills, and have a deep knowledge of the tools of the trade. This opportunity is for a full-time, benefits-eligible position in Seattle, WA.
- Support the artistic vision and project goals. Work with the Lead Animator and Art Director to establish guidelines and requirements for animation across the game, while working to meet deadlines and ensure that the visual identity and quality bar of animations is met.
- A master of your craft. Create high-quality gameplay animation for player characters, creatures, bosses, and other in-game actors and other aspects of 3D animation that consistently meet and enhance Art Direction, gameplay needs, and technical specifications of the project.
- Communication champion. Help build and maintain documentation and asset management pipelines, focusing on facilitating collaboration between Technical Animators, Technical Artists, Game Designers, Software Engineers, and other disciplines to support the holistic gameplay experience.
- Team player. Assist Designers, Engineers, and other groups with development and delivery of gameplay prototypes. Help manage and mentor growing animators by providing guidance and setting a visual tone for their work.
- 5+ years game animation experience or equivalent experience creating high-quality animations in real time rendering environments.
- Proven ability to create realistic human/non-human characters utilizing motion capture data.
- Deep knowledge of 1st and 3rd person gameplay mechanics, camera motion, and game design principles with understanding of the video game art production pipeline.
- High proficiency with Motion Builder and Maya is highly preferred. Experience with other 3D animation software will be considered.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills with proven ability to own, write, and maintain relevant documentation a plus.
- Experience with facial animation and emphasis on acting performance.
- Familiarity working in Unreal Engine 4 (UE4).
- Previous experience working in Unreal Engine 4 (UE4), Jira, and Confluence.
- Passion for the Vampire the Masquerade and World of Darkness IPs.
- Skill in one or more related disciplines: illustration, modeling, rigging, or technical art.
- Résumé and demo reel.
- Must be willing to complete an animation test.