Position at Hardlight
Experienced or Senior UI Artist – Sonic Mobile
We are looking for an Experienced or Senior UI artist to join our Sonic Mobile projects. You will be a key part of the team that is enhancing and expanding our current and future mobile games with a world-renowned IP and 100s of millions of downloads – Sonic Forces Running Battle, Sonic Dash and Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom.
You will work closely with the design and art teams to concept, prototype and produce the UI art for our live games.
We are able to sponsor visa’s and help with relocation for international applicants.
- Work closely with the team to wireframe, concept, experiment and develop a wide variety of high-quality UI features and game UI assets, everything from frontend menus, in game HUD, logos and icons.
- Support the lead artist and producer with planning, work estimates and scheduling.
- Care about our games and players and how we can make a better experience for them.
- Understand and feedback on the UI workflows and processes, identify opportunities for pipeline and tool improvements.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator as your core tools.
- Effective communication skills and an ability to clearly articulate reasoning behind design decisions.
- Excellent visual and graphic design skills in layout, typography, proportion, colour and iconography.
- A team player with ability to take and give constructive feedback.
- You have worked on released game titles as a UI artist.
- A passion or interest in stylised and fun mobile game art.
A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is required
(Great if you have them, otherwise these are areas you will learn while at Hardlight)
- Development experience on a wide variety of mobile platforms and varying screen sizes.
- Experience using support tools like After Effects, XD or Figma
- Experience in creating UI animations and particle effects.
- An understanding of UX practices and how they apply to game design.
- Knowledge and experience of Unity and it’s UI systems
- Experience of working on live or games as a service titles
- Knowledge of technical constraints regarding the implementation of UI art.
Why work at HARDlight?
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme
- We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making HARDlight the best it can be
- For gaming buffs, we offer free SEGA games on Steam and a home technology scheme, or if you’re more of a foodie, you can take advantage of fresh fruit, cereal & toast every day
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy
- We pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of the office
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team, developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue
- Based in the ‘Heart of England' in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connections to London & Birmingham
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
This is a hybrid role where the team works 3 days in the office (Tues, Wed, Thurs) and 2 from home (Mon, Fri).