What We Need:
We are looking for a talented Vegetation Artist to join our team and bring expertise, motivation and a mature skill set. S/he defines, develops and maintains high-end-run game vegetation assets. The Vegetation Artist contributes to creation of texturing and modeling and mainly is responsible for the perfect quality of visually compelling vegetation. This is an amazing opportunity to work side-by-side with great talent at Hangar 13’s Brno team location and work on an exciting new AAA IP.
What You Will Do:
- Design and create high-quality 3D vegetation assets that will be integrated in the world
- Ensure a proper integration for every asset you create considering technical and gameplay constraints
- Analyze, plan, and collect references for the assets
- Adaptation to the concept and style of the project
- Define and implement procedural rules that will bring our Open World to life
- Collaborate directly with Technical Artists
- Proactively seek feedback from Lead Artist, Producer and Art Director
- Self-education in terms of graphics and keeping track of latest trends in the given discipline
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Portfolio demonstrating strong artistic abilities, highlights nature and vegetation assets
- Secondary school or university degree at Graphic Arts or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge
- Proficiency in SpeedTree
- Good knowledge of robust 3D software (3D Studio Max, Blender, etc.) and Photoshop
- Strong understanding of artistic composition, form, color theory, light and detail
- Good knowledge of PBR workflow and shader techniques
- Minimum one year of experience in game industry
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints
- Passion about game development
Nice To Have:
- Experience with Houdini, ZBrush, Substance Painter and Substance Designer
- Good knowledge of botany or garden architecture
- Experience using photogrammetry or photo-scanned assets in production pipelines
- Experience with some tracking/scheduling tool (Hansoft, Jira, Shotgun, Trello, etc.)
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia franchise. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.