ABOUT GUNZILLA GAMES
Founded in 2020, Gunzilla Games is a fresh, independent developer working on its next-generation multiplayer shooter IP in three metropolitan locations: Frankfurt, Germany (HQ); Los Angeles, USA; and Kyiv, Ukraine. The company is helmed by Ex-Crytek board member, CSO Alexander Zoll, together with serial entrepreneur and CEO, Vlad Korolev. Gunzilla is built on the desire to innovate and push the limits of the industry.
Gunzilla’s formidable team of talent come from a variety of industry-leading studios and publishers, including Ubisoft, Electronic Arts (EA), THQ and more. Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director and producer Neill Blomkamp joined Gunzilla as Chief Visionary Officer. In addition, the team features industry veterans like video game writer Olivier Henriot who helped shape the story of such notable games such as Assassin’s Creed, The Division, Far Cry and many more, and Richard K. Morgan, the author of the Altered Carbon series, which has since been adapted into a popular Netflix show. Gunzilla’s Chief Technology Officer Timur Davidenko led the development of CryEngine as Technical Director, and worked on Far Cry, Warface and Crysis. Art Director Jussi Keteli was involved in the iconic Gears of War series, Star Citizen and Hunt: Showdown
- Players First & Foremost. We aim to create titles that players love and get lost in, so our games are developed with them in mind from the start.
- We Believe in Our People. We believe in building strong teams of self-motivated individuals empowered to work at their best in a supportive environment; when we’re strong together, we thrive together.
- Commitment to Engagement & Quality. We are deeply passionate about what we do, ensuring we produce next-generation experiences of the highest calibre.
- Make Bold Moves & Innovate. We strive to make bold moves and push technology to its limits; there are no wrong steps if the outcome redefines the boundaries.
- Open & Honest. We believe in building trust through transparency and honest communication. We’re proud of who we are, what we stand for, and what we’re building.
ABOUT THE JOB
Gunzilla Games is looking for a Metagame Programmer, who will design and develop metagame features for our game.
- Design and develop metagame features’ such as a shop, inventory, player statistics & progression, etc full flow from backend to UI
- Work closely with game & UI/UX designers to iterate core player engagement & experience systems
- Excellent C++ knowledge (4-5+ years professional experience required)
- Familiarity with Design patterns (Observer especially), Data-Oriented design, and SOLID/GRASP principles
- Algorithms & data structures understanding
- Cloud database <-> dedicated server <-> client relationship understanding
- CPU’s fundamentals
- C# azure development experience is a huge +
- Experience with Playfab, Gamelift or other similar third-party backend solutions is a +
- JS/TS concepts understanding is a +
- Experience with UE (3,4) or similar game engine is a +
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- English Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership
COME AS YOU ARE
Videogames are for everyone, so everyone should have the opportunity to create them. We’re looking for a huge variety of unique life experiences to help shape the worlds we’re developing, so promise your application will be given the same consideration as everyone else’s, regardless of your background. Let’s make video game history together!
OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Here’s what you can expect when applying at Gunzilla.
- Simply fill in the registration form and send us your CV & Portfolio, if applicable
- If you're selected, you’ll be contacted by our recruitment team for a Zoom call.
- After this the next steps would be Hiring manager and Team Zoom interviews, or you’ll be invited to meet us at our recruiting studio.
- Some roles require a competency test, which the recruitment team will support you on.
- Following your interview, we’ll contact you either way.
- If the interview went well but we feel you aren’t suited to the specific role, we’ll retain your details (with your permission) for future consideration.