(Closed) Senior Software Engineer (Data Engineer)
Locations: Berlin, Wrocław / Remote
Currently, esports data is not widely accessible, very granular or available in real-time. GRID is solving these challenges by working closely together with tournament organizers and game publishers, transforming their raw bespoke data into a suite of game agnostic and easy-to-use APIs. On top of this solid foundation, GRID (and partners) is building robust fan-facing applications, statistics and predictive models, worked on internally by respective specialized product teams.
Founded in 2018, grew to support 10 titles, processing over 12k matches a year by 2020, and partnering with some of the leading names in the esports and sports betting industries. 80+ passionate people of 24 different nationalities. Raised $10m in Series A funding early in 2021 to further accelerate market and operational growth.
GRID’s Modelling team uses the granular data in order to generate predictions for esports matches. Examples of predictions:
- Who will win the match?
- Will team A win by more than a certain margin?
- How long will the match last?
In order to generate these predictions GRID is developing data-pipelines which combined with machine-learning models can generate accurate and real-time predictions In order to support the growth of the team, GRID is searching for software/data engineers who have experience and ambitions to build low-latency data services.
What we look for
- 3+ years experience in a software engineering/data engineering position
- Deep knowledge of a strongly typed language (preferably Kotlin)
- Ambition to build robust, high quality mission-critical systems, leveraging the power of:
Automated monitoring and alerting
- Experience writing efficient and well-tested code
- Experience with real-time messaging technologies (preferably Kafka), micro-service architecture and container/orchestration systems (preferably Docker/Kubernetes)
- Experience with cloud-based solutions, e.g. AWS or GCP.
- Based in Berlin or Wroclaw but remote locations also welcomed.
What you will do
Develop real-time low latency services that process data from internal and external API’s.
Provide GRID’s data scientists with historical data in SQL databases and S3 files.
Work together with other engineers, product owners and data scientists in ensuring proper architecture is being built to support GRID’s short-term and longer-term goals.
What we offer
- Sustainably & Health. A generous vacation allowance (up to 35 days a year), mental health support (professional counselors). Regular length days, less than 5 hours of scheduled meetings per week and Friday afternoons free to take on the projects you choose, is the norm. We want our engineers to be rested and able to perform.
- Flexibility. 100% remote possible. Meet up in person in our Berlin and/or Wrocław offices, making use of the travel opportunities GRID offers.
- Growth. Empowering engineers who are determined to grow by providing a self-development budget and strong career advancement opportunities.
- Pragmatic. Make good decisions for improvements, rather than keeping to rigid processes and procedures that don’t work well for us.
- Impactful. With a robust CI/CD process, and a full suite of automated tests our engineers ship daily, allowing you to make impact on the product from day one with peace of mind.
- Company Culture. Diverse and international - work with colleagues who are passionate about what they do just as much as you are. Contribution from anyone is welcomed and encouraged. Ability to self express.
- Agile & Inclusively. We’ve developed our own kanban-based way of working that is constantly being improved and adapted by the self organizing product-engineering teams. Opinions and ideas are valued from all.
- Quality. Achieved by ensuring detailed stories and epics, high test coverage, a thorough code-review process, consciously taking on technical debt and an open culture of sharing opinions.
- Organized. We strive for considered decisions, creating software that lasts. We document them in decision records, which any engineer in any team can drive.