Gram Games is the studio behind some of the most popular mobile titles in the world like 1010!, Six! and Merge Dragons!. We’ve recently released Merge Magic! and we have more awesome projects in the pipeline. We do things differently here: we work in small self-managing teams, enabling you to have an incredible amount of ownership, autonomy and impact. We'll never ask you to abandon your craft and just focus on managing others or workload. At Gram everyone is expected to have a razor-sharp focus on what creates tangible impact: impact on their team, impact on their work environment and impact on the overall company strategy. We are on the lookout for a talented Senior Game Developer.
As a Senior Game Developer, you'll jump onto one of our largest projects, putting yourself right in the center of the action. You’ll deliver a great code and support your team by coaching them and ensuring they deliver clean, structured code. You’ll also be a source of knowledge of gameplay systems to guide the team.
We're looking for someone who is proactive, autonomous and who can bring years of hands-on, end-to-end production and live operations experience to our team. Someone who jumps to a challenge, and throws their all into writing robust code, and making great games, start to finish. Someone who will contribute fully to the creative process, and has a demonstrated passion for hands on mobile games development.
We're looking for someone who…
- has at least 5+ years experience as a game developer
- has a deep, wide, demonstrated knowledge in various areas of game programming like gameplay, graphics, UI, tools etc.
- has previous experience working with mobile games
- has previously shipped at least one product in a team environment
- has a solid understanding of the Unity 3D game engine
- has strong experience using C# ( experience with other languages is a plus)
- has a solid understanding the life cycle of a game project both development and live operations
- is very comfortable with modern version control systems (git)
- has strong communication skills
- is goal-orientated and a strong team player
- designs, architects, and implements high quality, structured, and robust code.
- can independently create quality solutions to problems.
- can quickly, and efficiently, pick up and start working with pre-existing codebases.
- is proficient in written and spoken English.
It would also be great if you…
- have a BSc in Game Development/Computer Science/Computer Engineering or related field
- have understanding / experience with the Free-to-Play model, ECS systems, optimization
- have some knowledge of Python, Objective-C, Swift, Java or Go
- are familiar with unit tests, CI/CD, networking, backend integrations etc
In return for bringing your expertise to this top priority role, we can offer some of the best benefits in the Games industry!
- Highly competitive salary
- Private medical care
- Awesome onsite chef serving breakfast, lunch, and lots of treats (naughty and nice)
- Life insurance and a favourable pension scheme
- Healthcare cash plan including dental and optical coverage
- Yoga, massages, fitness classes
- Amazing tech to work with and consoles to play and relax with everywhere you look!