Game Designer (All Genders)
Goodgame Studios is a leading free-to-play, online games development company. We operate across web and mobile platforms and cater to over 300 million registered users worldwide. With a rich talent pool of employees from more than 40 nations, we are among the largest German employers in the gaming software industry. Our aim is clear: We want to entertain millions of players around the world with our games, therefore we joined the Stillfront AB in 2018. Stillfront AB is a group of independent creators, publishers and distributors of digital games - with a vision to become the leading group of indie game creators and publishers.
As a Game Designer (all genders), you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of our games. You are an ambitious game designer who has a broad background in game design. You are passionate to come up with new gameplay experiences that will take our games to the next level. Your initiative, strong communication skills and assertiveness help you to achieve success.
- Design new game features & feature enhancements that drive user acquisition, increased retention, & monetization
- Partner with other designers to develop high quality content in line with the game's overall strategy
- Create and keep up to date design documents, drawings, diagrams, flowcharts, spreadsheets and any other necessary documents to communicate the design functionality and vision
- Embrace a metrics-driven approach to game design, learning from user data to ensure excellent engagement, retention, and monetization
- Proactively seek out gameplay problems and provide solutions
- Be able to communicate clearly the vision to the team and support them whenever they have questions
- Communicate design and vision to team and stakeholders
- Several years experience in F2P game design, with experience shipping at least one title
- Excellent understanding of F2P game models, business models and the varying motivations that drive players to keep playing
- Problem solving, results oriented, self-motivated and disciplined
- Continuously learning, constantly seeking opportunities to experiment, fail fast, optimize workflows and foster open communication
- Very good organization and efficient time management skills
- Very good written and spoken English
Will be a Plus:
- Having handled live operations and post-launch updates for at least one title
- A professional team of experts that has fun at work
- Your professional growth is important to us. We provide agile structures, flat hierarchies, and ongoing training opportunities
- Results-oriented teamwork that values employee contribution and empowerment
- Competitive compensation and a balanced work-life balance
We look forward to receiving your application in English (cover letter, CV, references, degree) as well as your salary requirements and earliest possible starting date through our online application form.
Your contact person for this job offer is Juliane Voigtländer.
Goodgame Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and support diversity and welcome all qualified applications.