Esports Social Media Executive
Ginx operates the world’s largest esports tv channel (40+ million homes) as well as ginx.tv, the fast-growing online esports platform. We also produce content for 3rd-parties. Ginx counts Sky and ITV amongst its shareholders.
In the last months, our online platform has seen an incredible amount of growth and we’re in need of a passionate esports fan to take it to the next level. As GINX’ Social Media Executive, you will be working with GINX’ editorial and community management team, tasked with managing GINX social media profiles and generating new ideas to increase reach and engagement.
Your focus will be on identifying, creating and managing new social channels. On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the editorial team in the promotion of their content, working towards agreed editorial goals
- Designing and publishing a range of high-quality, exclusive multimedia campaigns
- Creating, sourcing and publishing relevant and compelling social media content
- Monitoring audience engagement and identifying new opportunities
This position is on a remote, freelance basis. We celebrate individuality but we need someone who understands our tone of voice, can follow our editorial guidelines and welcomes feedback.
We are seeking a dedicated, hardworking and talented candidate. This position suits esports enthusiasts who have a strong understanding of social media platforms and services, especially Twitter. Our ideal candidate already has a deep national and/or international esports social network.
- Be fluent in English
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have excellent copywriting, proofreading and editing skills
- Have previous experience in esports and community management
- Be able to work nights and weekends based on live event coverage needs
- Be organised and love to be part of a team
- A good knowledge of photo and video editing software is a plus
- Live and breathe esports!
- High computer literacy including Office suite with the ability to learn new tools quickly
- Extensive knowledge of Social Media platforms
- Ability to work remotely in a very international environment!
WHAT WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO DO
Submit your resume with a detailed cover letter explaining how your skills and experience relate to the role.
Include examples of social media accounts that you have grown successfully, these can be personal or professional, particular weight will be given to those that have experience with Twitter.