A little bit about us…
We’re a brand new Esports media business with a long-term strategy and an aim to become the world’s leading company to provide education, information and entertainment across every Esport to worldwide gaming fans.
We’re a fun, young team looking for passionate, enthusiastic and innovative individuals to add value to our soon to be rapidly growing business.
A little bit about the role…
This is an opportunity to be in at the start of something new and exciting and grow with the company.
We are looking for an insanely creative and experienced managing editor with a passion for Esports & gaming to shape and deliver our editorial strategy.
The role will be responsible for building an editorial team alongside fulfilling the general day to day tasks in the interim period of recruitment including researching, compiling, editing long & short for content specific to Esports & gaming, and will therefore require impeccable grammar skills and attention to detail. The managing editor will have vast knowledge of Esports and gaming and its communities and will find and develop industry leading stories, using relevant analytics to continuously optimise the editorial strategy.
There’s also the opportunity to grow and manage an editorial team as the business grows.
What you’ll be doing…
- Continuously looking for innovative ways to optimise the editorial strategy.
- Edit and publish editorial content on the website, across all channels.
- Research and aggregate regular daily and weekly content, including managing a team of initially freelance writers, but eventual staff writers.
- Build a pipeline of relevant, industry leading stories, following the latest trends, as well as providing insight and analysis into various industry tools and changes.
- Analyse various pieces of content regularly and provide informative analysis on articles to optimise the editorial strategy.
- Build a dynamic editorial team to drive the editorial strategy.
- Keep up to date with the rapidly evolving landscape in Esports.
- Plan and assist in execution of event coverage production teams and bespoke content.
- Regularly evaluate the output of the editorial team, providing continuous feedback.
- Worked in a publication previously and have editorial experience.
- Excellent communication, oral and written skills.
- A general knowledge of the Esports media publishing rules and regulations.
- Strong passion for Esports and gaming in general.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, but also able to work well within a team and to continuously optimise the editorial strategy.
- High levels of energy, passion, creativity, and enthusiasm.
- Openly able to travel, such as attending events for the business.
- Be flexible with working hours and potentially to provide coverage on weekends and evenings whenever the Esports calendar requires.
- Proven experience of producing high quality language and copy-edits and in-depth knowledge of the journal guidelines and policies.
- The ability and motivation to lead and motivate a team.
GGRecon is an equal opportunities employer. We are determined to create a diverse group at all levels of our company, and we welcome all members of the community to apply for openings with us.
Are you interested?
Please send an email including an introduction, CV and why you’ll be a great candidate by clicking the ‘apply for this position’ button.
Also, if you have any further questions, please send them directly to [email protected]