Senior VFX Artist
Scopely is a leading mobile games company home to many top-grossing, award-winning franchises including Scrabble® GO, MARVEL Strike Force, Star Trek™ Fleet Command, Looney Tunes™ World of Mayhem, WWE Champions, The Walking Dead: Road To Survival™, YAHTZEE® With Buddies and Wheel of Fortune® : Free Play, Tuscany Villa® , among others. Scopely creates rewarding, immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer experience. Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform that personalizes gameplay at scale across one of the most diversified portfolios in the west. Recognized in Fast Company’s ‘World’s Most Innovative Companies’ and #2 on Deloitte’s ‘Technology Fast 500’ as one of the fastest-growing companies in North America, Scopely has achieved more than $1 billion in lifetime revenue by creating game experiences that are an important part of people’s lives. Scopely has global operations in Los Angeles, Barcelona, Boulder, Dublin (DIGIT game studio), Seville (GENJOY game studio), London and Tokyo, with additional studios in seven countries across four continents. For more information, visit our website.
The Sevilla Studio is the proud creator of Tuscany Villa, a beautiful narrative driven decoration & match 3 puzzle game that whisks players off to the heart of Italy on a Mediterranean adventure! As one of Scopely’s key fully owned studios, together we are quickly turning our chart topping hit into a global success!
Are you a passionate and highly experienced mobile games developer? If so, this is your chance to work on one of the most exciting and successful intellectual properties in the industry.
We are looking for a talented and experienced VFX artist who wants to join the new team.. We are hiring passionate game makers dedicated to crafting playful, smart, addictively fun experiences. We care about accessibility, depth, innovation, and production values... but most of all we care about our community of players. We don’t just make games, we play and love them too, making player empathy a core value for all of us.
Our ideal VFX Artist will support feature teams in making top user experiences that feel unique, rewarding and ultimately wow our players. You will also work together with product, design and art leadership in evolving the game’s visual language and production values, broadening the appeal of an already very successful franchise.
- Collaborate with UI, Animation and Design teams to effectively communicate the game design through VFX.
- Work closely with the Art Director and the Technical Artists to implement and expand upon VFX into our game.
- Comprehend and work with our pipeline and processes as they relate to our game’s VFX.
- Applying your understanding of how to optimize VFX for efficient use on mobile hardware.
- Explore new tech to help drive current technical and visual limitations.
- Consistently strive to exceed the highest quality standards of the studio.
- 2+ years VFX Art experience in a video game production environment.
- Extensive experience with Unity particle systems and latest VFX tools.
- Proficient in Maya, After Effects and Photoshop.
- Proficiency with node-based shader systems.
- Superior communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
Desirable Experience and Skills
- Experience with mobile development, live F2P games in particular.
- Experience with shader creation and shader languages.
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Credit on multiple shipped titles.
Required Application Materials
- Diverse portfolio displaying strong artistic and technical skills.
Scopely is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family or parental status, gender identity, veteran, or disability status, or other protected status.
Candidate information will be treated in accordance with our candidate privacy notice.