Technical Animation Tools Programmer
The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability.
We are looking for a Technical Animation Tools Programmer to join us here at Gearbox Software in creating amazing high quality AAA games. The Technical Animation Tools Programmer collaborates with the animation, rigging, and motion capture teams to create and develop software tools, applications, and systems to assist in game development. An ideal candidate demonstrates strong problem-solving skills and proficiency in developing various tools and scripts for content creation and management.
- Maintain and extend Gearbox Animation’s proprietary toolset
- Improve content pipelines, focus on reducing iteration time and maximizing efficiency
- Research and implement artist tools for use in Maya and Motion Builder
- Debug pipeline issues as needed and propose solutions to solve them cleanly
- At least 3 years of related experience
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ and Python
- Balance of technical, aesthetic, problem solving, and communication skills
- Understanding of the user interface and experience
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented; must have the ability to interact and collaborate with all departments and disciplines
- Familiarity with standard industry 3d software (Maya, 3ds Max, Motion Builder)
- Experience shipping AAA titles
- Experience with task-tracking software (JIRA), Smartsheet, Microsoft Office, and Confluence
- Experience with Unreal Engine or other standard game industry engines
- Experience working on content processing pipelines for game engines
- Experience with version control systems (Perforce, Subversion, Git, etc.)
- Avid gamer
- Relocation to Texas is preferred (not required)
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.