The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability.
Gearbox Software is seeking a Senior User Interface(UI) Programmer to join our team and help create the UI tools and tech for the next generation of Gearbox titles.
- Design, implement, and maintain UI Systems and Tools
- Collaborate with UI/UX Leads, Designers, Artists and Gameplay Programmer to create high quality user experiences
- Participate in scheduling, design and code review process
- Analyze crash reports, seek and destroy bugs, optimize performance
- Mentor peers on relevant best practices and modern technologies
- Advise Lead UI Programmer when needed to develop robust and reusable Tools and Systems
- 5+ years game industry experience
- Excellent C++ and OOP skills
- At least two shipped game title in a UI programming role
- Familiarity with game industry standards in UI technologies and techniques
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and communication skills
- Current console experience
Bonus Points For:
- Programming experience with first-person games
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Familiarity with rendering techniques
- Familiarity with web development languages(HTML/CSS/JS) and concepts
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.