Senior Hard Surface Artist
The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit our website.
Gearbox Software is looking for hard surface artists to help craft detailed artwork for open world games based on Unreal technology. Artists are responsible for creating the props and architecture that make environments look incredible. Must have excellent skills in prop and modular kit creation, experience with substance painter and designer. Scene creation and lighting is a plus. Experience with substance painter and material creation is also a plus.
- Create amazing look props that help build visually stunning scenes.
- Build modular architecture and kits to make world build easy and consistent.
- Collaborate with concept artists, level artists and designers to bring the artistic vision to completion.
- Work with designers to give special moments and events high quality art.
- Work from documentation, guides and other art direction to maintain quality and standards.
- Work with others within a team to manage the planning, creation and completion of art sets within budgets and schedules.
- Must be highly experienced with the fundamentals of 3D art creation including high poly and low poly modeling, UV layout, texture and material creation.
- Must be effective collaborator and communicator that can work with leads, directors and with other departments to deliver work on time.
- Be proficient in 3D Studio Max, Substance Painter, Photoshop, and Zbrush.
- Able to plan the creation of multiple art assets to meet the art needs of entire environments and see them through to completion.
- Effective at giving feedback to both internal and external artists under guidance provided by leads and directors.
- Passion for stylized artwork is a plus.
- Modular kit creation experience is a plus.
- Experience with world building and environment creation for open world games is a plus.
- Substance designer, PBR fundamentals, Unreal engine 4.26, and higher experience is a plus.
- Lighting in unreal and substance material creation is a plus.
Bonus Points For:
- Passion for stylized artwork.
- Modular kit creation experience.
- Experience with world building and environment creation for open world games.
- Substance designer, PBR fundamentals, Unreal engine 4.26, and higher experience.
- Lighting in unreal and substance material creation.
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.