Creative Content Writer - Casual and Hyper-casual Mobile Gaming
Gamerpro is a UK, US & Hungary based mobile esports service provider, facilitating competition both for real money and otherwise.
The Gamerpro platform helps developers and publishers enhance and grow their revenue streams by enabling skill-based competition in their games. The platform is compatible, with additional direct integration options, with any skill-based mobile game.
Gamerpro has also earned recognition on Seedrs by closing a successful crowdfunding campaign.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Due to the expansion, growth and aims of Gamerpro in 2021 and beyond, and following a successful crowdfunding round in which the company hit 109% of its target, there is now a requirement for a freelance and part time Creative Content Writer to join the business.
They will be tasked with writing original content on a weekly and monthly basis, focused on mobile esports and gaming. The aim will be to write insightful, unique and shareable articles on topics in and around this space, which will ideally be largely data-led.
As such you’ll need to know and have a genuine interest in the mobile games landscape, and the wider competitive mobile games space too, and be someone who understands and keeps up to date with the latest trends, news and announcements herein.
The Creative Content Writer will also work with the Social Media Manager, Design team, and wider Management and Business Development teams too.
Working hours are flexible, but you’ll need to be available to work / communicate in a CET or BST timezone.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ROLE FOCUS
Writing a set amount of original articles (400-700 words) on a monthly basis for publication on Gamerpro’s website. These articles should be focused on trending and interesting topics in and around the mobile gaming & esports space, and best practices in regards to SEO should be utilised too.
Coming up with article ideas which are related to trending topics relevant to mobile gaming and esports, and where possible consider Gamerpro’s positioning and service offering
Work alongside the Social Media Manager, and wider team to develop ideas and topics for articles on a weekly and monthly basis to ensure everyone is aligned
The focus will be first and foremost on writing accurate, insightful and shareable articles to in turn ensure growth in website traffic, as well as social media channel followers & engagement. Another focus will be more generally the aim to increase awareness of Gamerpro as a brand and the company’s service offering
You must have:
- Provable experience in a creative content writing role and a demonstrable portfolio of work
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills
- Excellent copywriting and creative writing skills
- An interest in and knowledge of the mobile games space, especially competitive mobile games and esports
- Knowledge and understanding of SEO
- Great creativity, versatility and attention to detail
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and meet targets and deadlines
- Ability to work closely with colleagues and team members, collaboration skills are key!
- Ability to work in a structured way, prioritising a wide range of tasks
It would be nice if you had:
- Knowledge and an understanding of the wider esports ecosystem (especially Casual/Hyper-Casual games)
- An interest in social media and an active presence in mobile gaming and esports ecosystems, especially on Twitter and Linkedin
A fully remote and stimulating but fun and friendly work environment
Be part of a high growth and exciting new brand & platform in the gaming / esports space where you’ll be allowed the freedom to implement your own ideas and be creative