Are You Looking for a Great Place to Work?
Join the Game!
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 140 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,600 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
At Gameloft Montreal, you’ll be working with the world’s best game developers. Our studio has developed, and continues to develop, hit titles that include the Dungeon Hunter, Modern Combat and Gangstar series.
Under the supervision of the art director or the technical lead, and working closely with the programming and art teams, the technical artist designs tools and develops an optimal graphics production pipeline to support their team's creation process. They make sure to meet any artistic/design expectations, in keeping with performance constraints and production deadlines.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Working in collaboration with the art production team, the art director, and the various team leads to create an efficient production pipeline essential to maintaining a big-picture perspective of the game
- Identifying and resolving issues related to the process of artistic creation
- Analyzing constraints and needs, and defining technical directives while sharing them in a clear manner with the whole team
- Suggesting efficient production methods that are in keeping with the initial guidelines and budgets/constraints (game memory/size)
- Creating, maintaining and documenting tools/scripts dedicated to production needs
- Training artists in new production techniques and ensuring that those methods are compatible with the constraints of the game engine
- Making sure that the elements produced are compatible with the various target platforms and that they are properly integrated and have the intended impact on performance
- Ensuring that there is proper monitoring of the technical and artistic processes
- Maintaining a superior level of quality
- Excellent understanding of rendering and lighting techniques, and complete knowledge of engine-related constraints in cross-platform productions (console/PC, mobile)
- Mastery of the various 3D/2D graphic-production software packages and production infrastructures (Unity/Unreal engines)
- Broad knowledge of the visual arts and interest in recent innovation within the field (real-time shading techniques, digital special effects in post-production, academic research)
- Versatile and able to adapt to various visual styles/worlds
- Knowledge of material-authoring/geometry solutions and interest in parametric flows (Substance Designer, Houdini)
- Understanding of the main scripting languages used in production (C#, Python, MEL/MAXscript, Lua, VEX, etc.)
- Knowledge of OpenGL ES, and the technical constraints associated with development on current mobile platforms (performance/memory)
- Knowledge of the process behind conventional graphics-production languages (GLSL, HLSL, CG, etc.)
- Knowledge of C++ is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of mathematics (algebra; matrix, integral and differential calculus) is an asset
- Complete understanding of the classic and physical (PBR) rendering/lighting models
- Mastery of the basics of modeling, texturing, and VFX and post-effects production
- Able to simplify complex or technical ideas
- Analytical nature, able to persevere until complex problems are solved
- Flair for organization and an excellent ability to communicate/listen
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What We Offer
- Benefits befitting a company of our size
- Vacation and personal days off
- Public transportation allowances (partial reimbursement of OPUS card)
- A storage room for 80 bikes
- Daily snacks
- A game room
- A rooftop terrace
We want to get to know you!
Submit your application now.
In order for your application to be considered, you must submit a portfolioor other samples of your work (demos, images, animation, websites, etc.).Please make sure to provide us with the address of your website or portfolio.