Senior Game Fullstack Developer
Leader in the development and publishing of games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, two of which are featured in the “Top 10 iOS Games by All-Time Worldwide Downloads” from App Annie. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Disney®, LEGO®, Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 4,700 people worldwide. Every month, 114 million unique users can be reached by advertisers in Gameloft games with Gameloft Advertising Solutions, a leading B2B offering dedicated to brands and agencies. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
Gameloft SAIGON Studio:
Started from 2004 with the very first studio opened in the center of Ho Chi Minh City, Gameloft had the main mission of porting Java game creation to a few hundred different feature phones. Now we have successfully launched a new creation project: APPLAYDU, which is a hit worldwide among children and parents. We have been standing among the worldwide leaders in mobile gaming industry because we are built on core values that lead our company to innovate and anticipate for the best gaming experience, from mobile phones, smartphones and tablets to set top boxes, connected TVs and consoles.
We are passionate about everything we do – about our games, our company and our industry. We take chances on people, we favor taking a risk on promising aspirants who fit in our culture and project themselves with us over the long term.
We emphasize diversity in all facets of the company, from whom we recruit to how we build teams and studios. It is by combining the diverse talents and backgrounds of our multicultural group that we achieve greatness.
We boldly embrace change and have the means and the will to tackle any endeavor. We are proud of our ability to adapt quickly and evolve, always staying true to our entrepreneurial spirit.
We constantly push ourselves to act as leaders: to take initiative, challenge the status quo, and bring solutions to improve Gameloft every day. We do not shy away from adversity. This is what gives us a competitive edge.
Aiming to generate innovative and creative games for fast growing technologies, we are constantly looking for the best talents in our field.
Gameloft is a Vivendi company. All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
Gameloft for Brands has an exciting opportunity for a Game Fullstack Developer to join our team of developers, working on creating best-in-class mobile-based products supporting the company’s efforts.
Integrated on Agile team that focuses on continuous improvement both with what we develop and how we develop it, Game Fullstack developer will part of stand-ups, sprint planning and all that usual stuff, with the main goal is to find new and better ways to work for today and tomorrow for the whole division. We use and build reusable code and libraries for future use, approved after auditing by our security department. Importance on security, on performance and on code quality are what make us different from others.
- Take part in the development of games using Unity Engine or Cocos creator engine;
- Program, debug and optimize codes to implement the gameplay ideas into game prototype, and polish the prototype to be ready for publishing;
- Actively detect issues on programming side, take initiative and propose solutions to prevent and solve those issues;
- Cooperate with people from all over the world to deliver the best quality projects.
- Identifying and fixing engine bugs found by the game-production teams
- Analyzing existing features of the game and making changes to meet current needs
- Working with team members (Game Team / Back-end Developers).
- Ability to constantly learn and stay in touch with evolving game standards and development technologies.
- Taking responsibility for parts of certain medium-level functionality elements or modules
- Submitting constructive opinions
- Subject to weekly supervision
- Understanding technical requirements
- Programming medium-scale functionality; debugging their own code
- Using classic data structures and algorithms as well as resource-management techniques
- Intermediate knowledge of at least one field
- Learning from the peers on their team; sharing their know-how and best practices
- Identifying and sharing alternative technologies and techniques
- Collecting metrics and analyzing them
- Identifying problems and resulting dependencies
- Identifying and sharing alternative technologies and techniques
- Providing planning that accounts for assignment of their tasks, dependencies and time estimates
- Sharing, taking part in and coordinating work with their peers
- Documentation all technical skills and experience to enrich team’s knowledge
- At least 2 years experiences of 2D/3D game development using Unity/Cocos creator Engine;
- Experienced of 2D/3D game development using Unity/Cocos creator Engine is required;
- Experience with scripting, textures, animation, particle systems, 3d assets, physics.
- Experienced with iOS/Android/HTML5 platforms is a plus
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and Unit tests is a plus.
- Experienced with cloud platforms is a plus.
- Knowledge in 3D mathematics (Linear algebra, arrays, vectors);
- Knowledge of current game engines and tools (Unity/Cocos creator) or physics engines (Bullet/Physx/etc) is a plus;
- Knowledge of Game Development is a plus;
- Knowledge of WebGL and 3D Programming is a plus;
- Knowledge of React Native, ThreeJS, PixiJS is a plus;
- Knowledge of Shader Graph;
- Knowledge of Editor Inspector;
- Knowledge of online communication and networking technologies;
- Knowledge of computer graphics;
- Knowledge and experience of Design Patterns;
- Knowledge of native languages (Objective-C, Swift for iOS, Java for Android ) is a plus;
- Knowledge with AR/VR/XR is a plus;
- Good at Algorithm, Math and Physic;
- Good at Code Creation;
- Autonomous and proactive attitude;
- Flexibility to adapt to change;
- Analytical and synthesis skills;
- Excellent Communication skills;
- Problem solving and open minded;
- Writing readable code that is easily usable by others
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Ability to communicate clearly and share solutions with fellow team members;
- Passion at Game Creation;
- Teamwork, sense of responsibility and result-oriented and deadline commitment;
- Highly responsible and committed to all technical matters;
- Strong team spirit
- Commitment and Sense of responsibility;
- Meticulousness & quality oriented;
- Structured, result-oriented working approach
- Open-minded: Demonstrate flexibility of thinking and accept positives feedbacks from others for improvement;
- Self-disciplined: demonstrate strong motivation and passion at work;
- Team work: Cooperate with team members and actively provide support;
- Excellent communication skill and good understanding of training needs for each BU;
- Good at research and development skill – Be constantly up-to-date of new technologies and tools;
- Flexible attitude and a quick learner
- Very good at research and development;
- Actively sharing know-how related to their field; learning from members of the studio's other teams and coaching certain members of other teams
Why join the Gameloft universe?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What we offer
- Exciting diversity with our talents from around the world
- Recognition and rewards based on your performance
- Creative, modern and open working place
- Continuous and professional training to fully develop your potential
- Work hard, play hard and enjoy various activities
- Health check-up annually
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
- Please submit your CV, cover letter or portfolio (if applicable)
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted and your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months.