Lead Unity Programmer
Are You Looking for a Great Place to Work?
Join the Game!
Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 140 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 6,000 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
For this role you will be a part of FreshPlanet, a small gaming studio who recently joined Gameloft. FreshPlanet specialized in making high quality casual mobile games that mix social and pop culture elements. FreshPlanet is most famous for creating SongPop, the biggest music trivia game in the world with over 120 million players so far and winner of a BAFTA and Webby Award.
If you are looking for a studio that cares about the well-being of its employees and works in a calm and relaxed atmosphere, this is the job for you! The culture at FreshPlanet is very cool and easygoing and allows a perfect family-work balance.
As a Lead Unity Programmer, you will work on a 2D party game for consoles and digital platform. Your primary focus will be the development of all of the game logic and UI integration, through the use of cutting-edge technologies. You will participate in making of key decisions on the project and supervise a small team of Unity developers. You will become the studio's technical reference for Unity and will be able to share your expertise with the team.
The game you will be working on will be the sequel to SongPop Party.
- Working on a small, collaborative team of software engineers, designers and product managers in an Agile environment to understand requirements, estimate the level of effort, and plan out development tasks
- Developing efficient, maintainable, reliable, and scalable software
- Creating new game-mechanic functionality
- Developing certain game elements, such as UI, game controller support, custom platform features, and network functionality for real-time multiplayer
- Debugging and optimizing games' performance and memory
- Programming in a structured, clear manner that is in keeping with the constraints inherent to mobile platforms
- Supervising the work of Unity developers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 7 to 10 years of experience in video game programming, including at least 2 to 3 years of experience in development using Unity
- Mastery of the C++ and/or C# programming languages
- Experience with shipping high-quality games on iPhone or console platforms
- Experience integrating user interfaces, custom animations
- Experience with team management (prioritizing tasks, decision-making, etc.)
- Strong communication and leadership skills
Why Join the World of Gameloft?
- Because you want to be part of an exceptional experience within a company that is constantly growing!
- Because you want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- Because you want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, just because you’re looking for a great place to work!
What We Offer
- Benefits befitting a company of our size
- Vacation and personal days off
- Public transportation allowances (partial reimbursement of OPUS card)
- A storage room for 80 bikes
- Daily snacks
- A game room
- A rooftop terrace
We want to get to know you!
Submit your application now.